JOL hip wallet loading problems

Jul 2, 2015
So I just recently bought a JOL hip wallet and I just can't find out the best way to load a card into it. I thought that when you loaded it into the wallet, the wallet was still in your pocket, just sticking out a little. But when I try to do that theres a little pressure on the wallet because it's in my pocket. and that's causing just enough friction that the card resists when I try to load it. it's sort of like trying to slide a card under a rock without touching the rock. Is there a better way to load the card? am I doing this completely wrong? or am I just missing something?
That brings me to my second question. when is the best time to load the card? is it just when you reach back to pull the wallet out?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
It might help to have the wallet in a front pocket or, my preference for formal gigs is in the inside pocket of my jacket. The best time to load it is as you are pulling it out or opening it. Either way, there has to be a reason that your hand is going to your pocket or wallet.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2015
It might help to have the wallet in a front pocket or, my preference for formal gigs is in the inside pocket of my jacket. The best time to load it is as you are pulling it out or opening it. Either way, there has to be a reason that your hand is going to your pocket or wallet.
How to you load the wallet while your opening it?
wearing a jacket doesn't really work for the magic I do. I do sometimes where a Button-up shirt over a t-shirt. would that be weird to have a pocket on the inside of the shirt, or would people even notice/care?
Do you load the card from palm or is it better to readjust it to a different position?
Thanks for the tips

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
How to you load the wallet while your opening it?
wearing a jacket doesn't really work for the magic I do. I do sometimes where a Button-up shirt over a t-shirt. would that be weird to have a pocket on the inside of the shirt, or would people even notice/care?
Do you load the card from palm or is it better to readjust it to a different position?
Thanks for the tips

For this particular wallet you'd probably need to load it from palm. To load the wallet while you are opening it is kind of bold, the idea is your loading motions need to line up with what it looks like when you open the wallet. I hope that makes sense.

Jul 2, 2015
Yea thanks, I found out I could load it easier in my pocket if it's mercury folded, so I just need to practice that. Thanks for the advice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results