Just got Crash Course 1 & 2

May 4, 2009
I got Crash Course 1 & 2 in the mail yesterday. I was up till 3:00 AM watching them.

Crash Course 1 is good, but it would have impressed me a lot more if I hadn't gotten Wayne Houchin's Art of Magic first. There are a few controls and sleights taught. Then they are used in four different tricks. Finally Brad teaches a way to gimmick a card so you can cut to it over and over.

The best trick is a transposition. The routine shown is great, but well Wayne Houchin's French Kiss blows this and any other transposition away.

There is another excellent trick where you have two spectators each pick a card. You pull one of the cards out of the deck, lay it down, add some theatrics, then you make the card on the table turn into the second spectators card. I will definitely be adding this one to my repertoire of card tricks.

Now Crash Course 2 really blows Crash Course 1 out of the water. First of all it probably has more content than any magic dvd I have ever seen before. Second, the content is amazing. This is actually a very long DVD with a huge amount of controls, sleights, palms, and reveals taught.

Brad starts out teaching various controls and shows you some routines. Then about 1/3rd of the way through the DVD he says "some people are ACR purists and don't believe anything other than the card rising to the top of the deck should be included in an ACR. However, I'm going to show you some other stuff you can add to your routine if you want to." After that the moves just get better and better.

I will be re-watching parts of this DVD over and over for the next month.

My favorite move on the DVD is a reveal that is super easy. Brad goes, "this move was in a book of children's magic tricks I borrowed from the library when I was 10. That means NOTHING! Your spectator will be shocked."

You drop the deck from one hand into the next. The ambitious card lands face up when the deck hits your other hand. As soon as I saw Brad do it, I knew how it was done because of the techniques I learned from Extreme Beginners. However, it looks amazing and I don't think most people would pick up how you did it at all. Very easy move, but looks so cool.

Sep 1, 2007
Now Crash Course 2 really blows Crash Course 1 out of the water. First of all it probably has more content than any magic dvd I have ever seen before. Second, the content is amazing. This is actually a very long DVD with a huge amount of controls, sleights, palms, and reveals taught.

Guess yo udon't have the Trilogy.
Not to ruin it for you, but I found almost everything from both those DVD's on youtube tought be 12 year olds haha. I might go torrent those DVD's.

Anyways, good review of it though.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I might go torrent those DVD's.

Did you just say what I thought you said?

That is very disrespectful to the artists and illegal, as well as looked down upon greatly in the magic community.

V.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Not to ruin it for you, but I found almost everything from both those DVD's on youtube tought be 12 year olds haha. I might go torrent those DVD's.

Ooh, that's not winning you any friends.

In answer to your assertion about YouTube tutorials (which you inexplicably found funny), I'm just going to use one of my own old analogies. YouTube tutorials are to learning magic what a Swiss Army knife is to performing open heart surgery.

In answer to the torrents, be prepared for the rest of your stay on these boards to be very unpleasant as few will want to have anything to do with you after that.

I liked both of these dvds as well. I learned alot of things from the ellusionist what I call "technique" line of dvds "crash course, ninja". Most of these things I use every time I perform. They were great dvds that got me on a quick road to learning a multitude of sleights for many situations. I am glad you picked up these dvds and got as much from them as I did.

Sep 1, 2007
Ooh, that's not winning you any friends.

In answer to your assertion about YouTube tutorials (which you inexplicably found funny), I'm just going to use one of my own old analogies. YouTube tutorials are to learning magic what a Swiss Army knife is to performing open heart surgery.

In answer to the torrents, be prepared for the rest of your stay on these boards to be very unpleasant as few will want to have anything to do with you after that.

Cause I'm really here to make friends...

It is funny seeing stupid 12 year old kids try and give away magic, I'm not saying I look for them, I agree, they're useless.

And yet again, I can care less, I would only use torrents on things I don't wanna waste money on. Everything I have from T11, I bought. Cause they deserve it.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008

It is funny seeing stupid 12 year old kids try and give away magic, I'm not saying I look for them, I agree, they're useless.

And yet again, I can care less, I would only use torrents on things I don't wanna waste money on. Everything I have from T11, I bought. Cause they deserve it.

Then you don't really have a good view on magic then.

V.

Sep 1, 2007
I have a fine veiw, but go look at Ellusionist, everything is about $20 more than it should be. They are selling SHAPESHIFTER for what? $25 or something. Who in their right mind would do that.

And who in their right mind as the authority to say I don't have a "good" veiw on magic.

No one has a good veiw on magic cause there is no "good" veiw on magic, there are only veiws of different opinion. There is no right or wrong.

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
I have a fine veiw, but go look at Ellusionist, everything is about $20 more than it should be. They are selling SHAPESHIFTER for what? $25 or something. Who in their right mind would do that.

And who in their right mind as the authority to say I don't have a "good" veiw on magic.

No one has a good veiw on magic cause there is no "good" veiw on magic, there are only veiws of different opinion. There is no right or wrong.

That is true...everyone is intitled to their own opinion, but what i meant was that I find it wrong to download magic illegally.

V.

Sep 1, 2007

Mistake #1. Sounds hypocritical coming from a caustic mother****er such as myself, but never turn down good company when you find it.

Which leads me to wonder if perhaps you only brought it up as a weak attempt at shadenfreude.

First of all, it's can't care less. If you're going to be snotty, get it right.

Second, taking a pseudo-objectivist stance doesn't really help your case.

Odd. You said that as if you expect the slightest ounce of sympathy.

Ah yes, the "all opinions are valid" defense. The one that doesn't hold up in the real world.

Sep 1, 2007
Haha. Very funny. It's true, all opinion ARE in fact, valid. Who are you or anyone else here to say they're wrong? No one.

How am I asking for sympathy???

Over-all, i wasn't talking to you in the first place, I don't see why you should go think you're so smart getting into my buisness, mind your own and everything will be okay. You say half of what I say isn't valid, I can agree and say half of what YOU say isn't either. I don't get the point of trying to pick me apart or me picking you apart, it obviously makes you look like you have no idea what you're talking about, trying to sound smart. I don't understand your logic in all this. I'm pretty sure I can say whatever I like on here, making friends is not my priority. I was giving my opinion on the case. Maybe I was misleaded awhile ago but it doesn't mean you need to be an ass about it eh?

Good day sir.

Sep 1, 2007
Haha. Very funny. It's true, all opinion ARE in fact, valid. Who are you or anyone else here to say they're wrong? No one.

So if I were to espouse the opinion that Jews orchestrated the attacks of the 9/11... that would be a perfectly valid point of view and not retarded?

How am I asking for sympathy???

Boo-hoo, prices are so high! Aren't we all just miserable little victims of corporate greed?

Over-all, i wasn't talking to you in the first place,

Yet here I am. Life's a *****, ain't it?

I don't see why you should go think you're so smart getting into my buisness, mind your own and everything will be okay.

So people should only join this conversation if you approve? This is public discourse, kid. If you can't take someone disagreeing with you and calling out your bull****, that's not my problem.

I'm pretty sure I can say whatever I like on here,

Actually, there are rules about where the boundaries are.

I was giving my opinion on the case.

And I was disagreeing with it. Shocking I know, but people do that. A lot.

Sep 1, 2007
Lmao wow, YOU sir are the little bi*ch, I know. It hurts don't it?

You are so funny.

Sep 1, 2007
I'm sure you need one.

Ever met a Slav before? We turn into bronze gods just going out to get our mail.

Joking aside though, you got a ban for acting like a twit... now you're going to come back and do more of the same for no reason other than to (I assume) get the last word? Seriously kid. Are you really that upset somebody called bull**** on you? That's life. I suggest you get used to it.

Sep 1, 2007
Ever met a Slav before? We turn into bronze gods just going out to get our mail.

Joking aside though, you got a ban for acting like a twit... now you're going to come back and do more of the same for no reason other than to (I assume) get the last word? Seriously kid. Are you really that upset somebody called bull**** on you? That's life. I suggest you get used to it.

Lol. Getting banned by some prick doesn't make me mad or make me scared. It's a forum. Big deal if they ban me. WAH WAH WAH. You reply to it like a child as well so take your own advice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results