Just introducing myself

Aug 18, 2017
Hello, since I am new to this forum I just want to introduce myself. I am Scott Lwyss. I am in the process of developing my own parlor show. I specialize in card magic, but I am branching into mentalism. Just curious are there any magicians on here from North Carolina?

Nice to meet you all.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Nice to meet you Scott. You'll have a great time here and don't be afraid to ask questions and share your own knowledge with others. Good luck on your upcoming parlor show. If I can recommend one piece of advice from my experience, yes, please try to vary your material in your parlor show even though your expertise is cards. Try to throw in some money effects, mentalism, comedy, etc. You'll have more success and make more connections with audience members.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome.

I am in the process of developing my own parlor show. I specialize in card magic, but I am branching into mentalism

Most of my performances are parlor shows. The one book that I would recommend to build a parlor show is Jim Steinmeyer's Conjuring Anthology. I have a lot of Steinmeyer effects that I use in my show (including two from Conjuring Anthology, two from his recent Genii Columns and one from Device and Illusion). Jim has some "quasi" mentalism effect which very well walk the fine line between magic and mentalism. The rest of my performance pieces are classic magic such as linking rings, cups & balls and the egg bag.

Feel free to reach out to me an others on the forums as you build your show.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results