Just started up with magic again

Nov 2, 2007
Norway
and man it's great. I don't even remember why I stopped, but this past weekend I was on a trip with my brother and a friend. On sunday we had to wait for our plane for about 10 hours. I had my cards with me specifically for that reason and I practiced for about 2 weeks before the weekend.

While practicing I was like man this is never gonna work and was a bit bummed. Tricks just seems so simple when you know the secret. It always makes me nervous when I'm gonna do them.
Did a few tricks over the 10 hour duration and it was hilarious. I don't remember all the names but I can mention some that I know the name of.

Invisible reverse was the first trick I did for my brother when we were alone. He was a bit "man that wasn't even my card" until I showed his card and slammed the 4 aces on the table. He was like "WHAT!?!?". Just then our friend came back and she thought we were playing a card game. We told her that it was a card trick and that I could do another one.

So I did Witness and the reaction was amazing. My brother was just a repeating question mark and our friend was just staring at me and then the card in her hand with her mouth wide open. During the "backs are changing" she didn't know what to think and thought she was seeing the backs change, while my brother was just "what?". My brother tried to figure the trick out but he never managed to.
Later there were tricks like the time machine and other similiar tricks.

The last trick I did was a trick from RRTCM that I think is really awesome. I don't like a lot of the tricks in that book but the trick called "design for laughter" is the best in the whole book in my opinion.
They were so sure that the the card they picked was on the table and that I had messed up the trick so when I was about to reveal they were exploding with anticipation.
My brother was just shocked cause he saw the card go on the table and our friend with her mouth wide open again and she told me that she was gonna lie that it was their card cause she felt bad because I messed up the trick and she tried signaling it to my brother during the trick by giving him a look.
But she didn't have to lie cause I didn't mess up and it was really their card since that's the whole point of the trick. It made me laugh out loud really hard. And she has a really bad poker face cause she was hiding a smile once she saw the card before I put it on the table. So I was pretty sure I still had control of the card hehe.

So I'm once again back into doing magic after a long break. Just to entertain in moments that sorely needs it.

Jan 21, 2011
That's good to hear, It sounds like you all had allot of fun. BTW i love your signature line.

Red

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results