Just venting...

Apr 13, 2008
ok so theres a lot of humidity in my apt right now, its been raining a lot where i live (Puerto Rico, which btw has very few people into magic, that i know of) and its ****ing up my decks so haven't been able to practice. Every time i take a deck out of my prop box (it has that little bag with beads that absorb moisture so they're safe in there) they start sucking up the moisture and feel bleh (for a lack of better description). i don't have many magician friends and i don't have any else who would possibly care or understand why im frustrated so i decided to vent with you guys. also if theres any PR magicians here let me know, always fun to meet new people XD.

Sep 2, 2007
I would definitely invest in porpers(I own through at the moment). I was born in Puerto Rico, but I live here in Florida(Huimid and Hot as hell as well ^_^) so i feel your pain. usually my house though is pretty cool, maybe cause we blast the a/c, but who knows.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, I live in New Orleans where the air is perpetually saturated with water. If I go outside with cards in the summer, they congeal like clarified butter.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Last year I had my window open while it was rather humid out, and I set my deck of cards on my desk. I could literally see the top card slowly begin to warp until it was pretty messed up, then the cards below it slowly start to follow suit. It was cool, yet painful at the same time. I felt like I was torturing the poor little thing. :(

Aug 31, 2007
Might I suggest just buying a dehumidifier for your houses? They cost around 70$ for a good one if you know where to look. My dad bought one earlier this year because he was sick... when he got over it I hijacked it and put it in my room. Works fairly well, and in conjunction with a Porper and some silica packets it does wanders for your cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results