Justin Miller?

Sep 1, 2007
What ever happened to Justin Miller? Anybody know if he's working on anything these days?

Sep 2, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, from what I've read, I believe he is semi-retired. He is not creating any new effects, but instead is lecturing and promoting the effects that he has already released, such as the Cloak.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
Other than the Cloak tho, a lot of the DVDs on his website, new ones, he's made himself, no menus, not professionally pressed DVDs, just burnt them him self and stuck on labels.
If you don't mind this and just want the content, then there is a lot of good stuff there. But I think for the price, I'd like to see them done a little more professionally.

There was a big kerfuffle with his Triune DVD and Coins. I know that it was sorted out, but a lot of those people still do not have any coins to do the effect with.

So he's still kicking about, and hasn't retired at all. Hopefully the guy that he has pulled in to help him run the business will make things run a lot smoother.

Sep 4, 2007
There was a big kerfuffle with his Triune DVD and Coins. I know that it was sorted out, but a lot of those people still do not have any coins to do the effect with.

So he's still kicking about, and hasn't retired at all. Hopefully the guy that he has pulled in to help him run the business will make things run a lot smoother.

In my personal opinion it hasn't been smoothed out as well as it could be. Not an attack as I have immense respect for JM as a professional. However my expirience with ordering was not a good one at all and I have yet to have everything with it sorted - and it's been close to 8 months.

Just putting that out there for others to take into consideration.

Rd

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
These are also the feelings of the people that I know that have dealt with him.
I believe that he got him self in to a position that he could not get out of.
The coins were to be coming from Schoolcraft, and I know that the orders do not take as long as he said they have been as I've ordered from Schoolcraft very recently, and it took less than a month (including hiccups) to get the coin gaffs to me.

8 Months is ridiculous tho. No one should have to wait 8 months after paying to receive their product.

Sep 1, 2007
Justin's the main teacher on the Factory Sealed and Bullet dvds that will be coming out very soon. Let's just say that that's a pretty huge project and he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Not to mention whatever else Justin has hidden up his sleeve.

I think Justinis working very hard for his consumers and does have a lot on his plate at the moment. I understand some people have been a little upset but i think hes working on new stuff. Like someone said he is on the new factory sealed and bullet DVDS on ellusionist coming out whenever. cut the guy a break he is a professional and a great magician. not saying anything about you guys or anything but cut the guy a break hes just doin work

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Justin Miller won't be going anytime soon...

He recently finished The Cloak and is now working on an add-on for it titled... dun dun duuuuuun... The Cloak 2 :p

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
I think Justinis working very hard for his consumers and does have a lot on his plate at the moment. I understand some people have been a little upset but i think hes working on new stuff. Like someone said he is on the new factory sealed and bullet DVDS on ellusionist coming out whenever. cut the guy a break he is a professional and a great magician. not saying anything about you guys or anything but cut the guy a break hes just doin work

I think that waiting 8 months for product that still hasn't arrived in full is past cutting him a break.
Really, unless you have dealt with him, or know someone well that has, in this situation you shouldn't comment on how hard he's working for his customers.

I'm sure he's been busy. And I'm sure that he's always working on new stuff. But he is running a business, an online store, and as a businessman he has responsibilities that he must understand. It's no good taking money from people then not sending their stuff out as soon as humanly possible.
This whole preorder stuff is a big issue, people pay in advance, then wait for months after the expected shipping date.
If this happened to you would you feel like cutting him a break?
If you spent $300+ on product that never arrived, or was not what you originally paid for?
Think about it for a moment. If this was your business in another field, you would not be in business long if this is what you did to customers.
What makes a magician any different?

Sep 4, 2007
I think that waiting 8 months for product that still hasn't arrived in full is past cutting him a break.
Really, unless you have dealt with him, or know someone well that has, in this situation you shouldn't comment on how hard he's working for his customers.

This is exactly it. As I have said before I have the utmost respect for Justin as an artist and performer. His work is incredible. Silver Dream is one of my all time favorite effects - it's beauty is unmatched in my personal opinion when it comes to coinwork.

However from a business perspective - cutting him a break? Exactly what logical standpoint are you making such a statement? Regardless of someone's personal issues - believe me we ALL have personal problems - business issues need to be dealt with or you will have no business. That is the way business is run. Cold hard truth.

Rd

Sep 2, 2007
Guys/. I can't go into detail, but Justin IS working on some new, AMAZING materiel.

Hey guys Sebashtion Here,
I know alot have still not recdived there orders and we were shipping like bandits but it seams like out of 200 to more orders 10-20 orders did not get to their destination and we are sorry about this, Justin is sorting the emails as we speak and re shipping these orders in order again there is a mass mailing here soon and all will have their orders. if you have not just contact him to let him know and he will take care of it.

Sebashtion H.

To my customers and fans..

Hey Guys,
It's really good to hear all of your thoughts and opinions, yes the good and bad. I know there has been a lot of problems with some of you and your orders, so I'd like to clear some of that up. I am really looking forward to coming back this year with some Brand new ideas, and a Brand new lecture. I've had about six months to really work on some hard hitting magic, and I am excited to say I am extatic about some of my new effects and lecture. It has been a lot of fun to work on some new ideas. Propably one of my favorite things about the buisness(Creating.). I hope you can appreciate them too. Here's the situation...The Internet is really funny. It can spread more rumors about someone faster than TMZ.

I have had a recent addtion to my family our daughter Maddison and I have wanted to spend some quallity time with her this year. She is now 9 months and doing great! I have also within the last four months returned from lecturing on the road with my 2007 lecture. I did get behind.

Yes there have been some problems with shipping lately. out of the 2-300 orders I took within the last 3 weeks a small number of 15 have not gotten to their destinations ( As I write this about 6 of those have gotten their orders) which in turn has had me on a mad rush to make sure they do. I sleep maybe 2-3 hours a night because of this issue. My idea is simple if you are not happy then I will not rest UNTIL you are.

Yes Some of you have gone under the radar and I am sorry for that but here is why. Myself and Sebashtion are no longer working together (nothing dramatic or pulse-racing..just two different visions for Close-Up Artist Productions) I wish him well and the best for him and his family and I know he does the same for me and mine. Sebashtion had been taking care of all my orders for the last 2 months and I am/was extremely grateful for that. And here is where the problems have come in. Sebashtion has been the one making deals and compromising with each customer to make them happy (with full permission from me) so that each customer was taken care of promptly and satisfied. I am just now getting all the e-mails he has been forwarding to me and that is why there is such a confusion.

As each e-mail has come in I have personally responded to each one by either phone or e-mail so that I could explain what was going on with their order as I got the info from sebashtion. Please be patient as I am a man of my word and each one of you (if you have been waiting on something..please e-mail at
jmille38@insight.rr.com so I can know what it is I need to get to you)
You will be taken care of.

With all that being said I know some of you will agree and disagree with me. In fact if I was doing everything perfect I would still have some of you disagree with me, that's the nature of the buisness, but it's my hope that those of you who enjoy my material will continue to enjoy my material, I have loved working for you and want to make you all "happy happy."YES some BIG projects are in the works for the future. My latest is my new lecture tour Have you A.T.E. Yet? My All Things Elastic lecture. It will be 2 solid hours of LOOPS and The Cloak. Material I have never showed anyone and my hope is will be added to your already killer rep...Thanks guys, look forward to meeting some of you, and catching up with you in 2008.

Justin N. Miller

Last edited by a moderator:
And finally... YES some BIG projects are in the works for the future. My latest is my new lecture tour Have you A.T.E. Yet? My All Things Elastic lecture. It will be 2 solid hours of LOOPS and The Cloak. Material I have never showed anyone and will be sure to be added to your already killer rep...

Justin N. Miller

Are you planning to lecture in New York City?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results