Keith Fields How to Handle Hecklers

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Hey, i saw this book on Lee Asher's site and i think it's exactly what i need. However, i first wanted to hear some opinions. So does anyone have this book. If so, is it helpful? Is it worth the money?

Thanks!

Sep 1, 2007
Hey, i saw this book on Lee Asher's site and i think it's exactly what i need. However, i first wanted to hear some opinions. So does anyone have this book. If so, is it helpful? Is it worth the money?

Thanks!

Hello friend. The book is helpful in the sense that you get to read about the experiences Keith has had on the road handling hecklers as a comedian and a magician. It does give good advise (in my opinion) about what to do with different types of hecklers. The only problem is, you can only truly learn how to handle hecklers if you deal with them yourself. The book has some funny put-downs, which Keith advises should be your last resort (and he's right), and overall is a fun read. Honestly, I believe it is a bit pricey for what you get (again, just my opinion) but overall if you have been having bad experiences with hecklers, at least you will realize it happens to the pros as well.

Good book, but nothing beats experience.

Juan Martinez

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Honestly, that was what I was going to say. Without actually having read the book, nothing will give you as much experience and knowledge as going out and performing at a bar (if you're above legal age) or otherwise just in that sort of environment.

There aren't really any "secrets" that the pros are keeping hidden from the magical fraternity as though they were an elite cult, it's just experience in dealing with them.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results