Kid Show

Nov 10, 2007
I have a kid show in about 2 months, Does anyone know what tricks I should do?
20 kids
1 hour { I know an hour seems a bit long but they want me to do an hour }

I have a kid show in about 2 months, Does anyone know what tricks I should do?
20 kids
1 hour { I know an hour seems a bit long but they want me to do an hour }

Whatever you do dont use cards :) I reccomend doing something with candy, balloons, sponges mabe. If you have robbye the raccoon then that would be a good thing. Anyway anything that is simple and fun for the kids.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Roxy Racoon is good. He suggested Roby which is the same but some look real while others loof fake. I am not sure about Roby. Magic Coloring book is good with Vanishing crayons. Also if you have it a dove pan is good.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
Go to:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewforum.php?f=10013

There is a wealth of knowledge there.

Get David Kaye's "Seriously Silly"... it should tell you most everything you need to know. I'm sorry, but you just don't seem like you're ready for a Kids Show... I know I'm not!

Not adjones but to the guy asking for the magic. If you don't have any kids magic then DECLINE the show. I agree with adjones. I gave you suggestions but that is if you have them.If not then go to the link and post around search and look up information.

Jun 19, 2008
brown box
this is important in kid shows!!!! use something visual! like a vanishing card. try to make it easy. how i entertain kids is by using misdirection and shaking a spoon or fork making it look like it bends by it self. kids wouldnt know that it was an easy trick.

Jan 11, 2008
Spongeballs, Stratosphere, Stiff Rope, Coloring Book, TT and silk, D'Lites if in a dark room, anything that can disappear, change bag, balloons tricks, flaming dove pan with candy in it....etc.

Act silly and have fun. You better have some great audience management skills or the kids will take over the show in no time. Trust me....I am a 4th grade teacher and I know how fast kids can turn on you and ruin things.

Just my two cents.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Also, don't try to do anything too difficult since they are only 3-5 even the simplest of tricks(when you don't flash) will get to them.

...Good luck.

Oh and one more thing, make sure they understand what's going on in the trick as well.

Jan 3, 2008
1. D'lites
2. Spongeballs
3. Couple thumb tip tricks
4. Torn&restored effect
5. Do as I do (Cyril's version with water might be good enough)
6. Show and teach trick
7. Ropes
8. Effect with IT

I think from this list you can create a pretty routine for kids about an hour long.

Feel free to hate me,

Tomas Simkus

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results