Kiddie Section of Theory11, and Stage Magic Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2009
No offense, I mean yeah offense. Most of y'all sound like fooking tools right now. A seperate invitation only part of the website? Wow! What a terrific idea! End Sarcasm. What a great way to introduce new magician's to the arts, alienation. If you don't like what is being posted, turn a god dang blind eye to it. It aint that hard, hell half the crap on here I barely even read anymore because it isn't worth my time. Not to mention the people that I actually had an ounce of respect for has uprooted and left!

Now the only time I see that a secret or invitational only part of any public forum would be appropriate is if it is used as a place to possibly openly discuss an effect or creation that you know won't be lifted and then labeled as someonelse's effect. Another would be if there are people with outside talents such as carpentry, manufacturing, marketing, business, etc. to either discuss or invite people who are genuinely looking to network and get to know actual valuable people, who have connections and talents to possibly help you build props, website, poster, business card, etc. The last part is a stretch to say the least since some people may just opennly express there talents and lend a hand when needed.

If any of y'all none noobs think that your rep on the internet means anything to you outside of the internet, you are greatly mistakened! Just cause you hang out in some chat room and talk with some working magicians doesn't neccessarily give you all the grace and power to be judging those who are newer then you.

This entire topic is retarded and should of been closed a while ago before it came to a reputation bashing fest.

All I have to say through the internet to all of you is "**** off brats and grow up."

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I believe everyone will tend to have varying opinions on this topic and most everyone has given their view. That being said, and some of the language that has already transpired, consider this thread closed. Please fellas, let us keep focused on magic and keeping a postive learning environment here. I too have seen many experienced members leave the boards. There is a wealth of knowledge to be shared here but sometimes our own arrogance gets in the way. I have been in magic for 10 years and I am never at a point where I consider myself above all others. At our IBM meetings, I seek out advice from the guys who do this full time and have been around the block for the past 50 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results