Kings... Presentation Ideas

Jan 1, 2008
So I was really bored so I went on the USPC co. website and i found this article on the History of playing cards so Checked it out. Something i thought was really cool is that the 4 kings in the deck represent different kings in history. Hearts=Charlemagne
Diamonds=Julius Caesar
Club=Alexander the Great
Spade=King David

A little presentation thing i use with this information is when someone says "hahahah, the king of hearts is stabbing himself in the head" That when i say "well i bet you didn't know that all 4 kings represent different kings in history, the king of hearts represents Charlemagne" Then someone will say "did he commit suicide?"
Then i like to say no the sword is behind his head he just had arthritis in his shoulder and elbow" that gets a small chuckle then i go into a "dreams of aces" Type routine but with the kings and stating their death times and how they died and telling this whole story.

i hope you can use this information to come up with your own presentation ideas...or take mine i don't really care

Nov 7, 2008
Hofstra Univ.
that is actually really interesting. Is there anyway you could post a link?

Also something interesting is on the Split Spades David Blaine is the King of Spades.

cool stuff have a good one

Mar 30, 2008
DC
Interesting...but I do not think you could do it to people on the street who are not as educated and expect more David Blaineish or Criss Angelish magic.

Definetly good for people who know history.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results