Learning Lesson

May 24, 2015
Today I had a really huge learning lesson that made a solid impact in the moves that I'm practicing now.

While at work I was playing with my cards for most of the day. It came to a point where I was really having some issues pulling off the Revolution Cut, Scissors cut, Fans, etc...

This stumbling block proceeded to follow me home and it was getting frustrating. I had a solid understanding of what it took to pull off a Revolution Cut however today for some strange reason my hands did not what to obey.

It came to a point where I decided to take a break and watch some TV. As I was watching TV I continued to practice however my full attention was on the program I was watching and not the cards. Before I even realized it I was pulling off the Revolution Cut like a boss. It was in the moment that I realized that for the entire day my mind was to involved in trying to get the moves down. I was over thinking each and every step.

From there I shut of the TV and focused on my cards again. This time my mind went out to lunch. I didn't over analyze anything. I just did the moves that were required and if messed up I did it over and over again.

As a result I did so much better at the level that I'm at in all the moves that I was practicing including the Revolution Cut. When I got out of my mind and just did the moves my sense of progress increased dramatically.

Hope that little lesson helps any other beginners as they continue to practice.

May 24, 2015
While learning these moves it is beneficial to take a break. You will understand the principles at work after a 30 minute session but it takes some break time to let it set in your hands. I've found this to be true while I was learning my basics.

Knowing when to stop is one of my biggest issues. I think the longest amount of time I've been able to put down a deck of cards is when go to bed. LOL!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results