Lee Asher's Diving Board Double Lift

Jun 8, 2008
Is this a hard move to do ? Is it something that works great once you get the move down ? I THink it looks awesome

I guess what i'm really asking is if it is practical.

Apr 22, 2008
Don't sweat it, man. Next time just be sure that you check your other posts with questions first. Oh, and you can call me Drew.

Can I call you Drew? =]
BTW yeah the DBD is a great double. I hope BrianTudorX or whatever his name is doesnt read this post.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Yes, the DBD is practical. Lee also teaches his non "flashy" double lift that you can use if you're scared of using the original one. But if you practice the flashy double lift, you can use it in you're routine as well. Hope this helped.

:)

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Yes, the DBD is practical. Lee also teaches his non "flashy" double lift that you can use if you're scared of using the original one. But if you practice the flashy double lift, you can use it in you're routine as well. Hope this helped.

:)

Actually, you're wrong.

He teaches the Non-Acrobatic, and the Acrobatic Version of the Double Lift. The Acrobatic is the version you see in the Demo on the product page. This is also the one Lee says NOT to use for laypeople, because it's not a move that you will get 100% of the time- even if you think you can.

The Non-Acrobatic is the "Original", not the Acrobatic.

Hope that helps to clear some things up.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Actually, you're wrong.

He teaches the Non-Acrobatic, and the Acrobatic Version of the Double Lift. The Acrobatic is the version you see in the Demo on the product page. This is also the one Lee says NOT to use for laypeople, because it's not a move that you will get 100% of the time- even if you think you can.

The Non-Acrobatic is the "Original", not the Acrobatic.

Hope that helps to clear some things up.

Ohh, I see when I think about it you're right. So to the Gambit_x just reverse the thing that I said! :p

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
Yeah, I just couldn't fine the right word. :p Anway, who use this double lift regulary?

To tell you the truth
"Asher's Diving Board shouldn't be a Double"
Its not a pretty smart double lift
I shot it with a G**damn packet
It my Avatar too
I have an Album in my profile check it out

Its should have always been a Flourish
Its not practical as a Double Lift

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
To tell you the truth
"Asher's Diving Board shouldn't be a Double"
Its not a pretty smart double lift
I shot it with a G**damn packet
It my Avatar too
I have an Album in my profile check it out

Its should have always been a Flourish
Its not practical as a Double Lift

Go figure...

Ashers Double is beautiful. You realize there is a non-arial version, right? Asher himself says he doesn't even use the arial version in professional environments.

-ThrallMind

Jul 21, 2008
Ohio
I don't use it normally, but the non-acrobatic version is pretty easy actually. I still haven't gotten down the acrobatic version, although I would really like to, seeing as its a beautiful move.

D

Deleted member 2755

I plan on getting this someday. I have only heard good things about this. Think of it like this:

This is the most convincing double lift.... A card spits out into the air and then lands face up. When doing this move for people, it shows you have some skills with your deck and no one would ever even suspect there being 2 cards. In their minds... you are just a cool magician when you do that. The thought of 2 cards never even goes into their mind. However.... let's say the possibility of there being 2 cards does arise... are they really going to think "Hmm... this guy somehow shot 2 cards out of the deck, had them land face up, and not separate." Of course that is what happened, but almost all laymen would not even see that as a possibility.

I see why Lee uses it regularly. I would too if I had it down. I plan on getting this at some point because it just looks so cool, it's so convincing, and people will remember you for it.

Sure it may be difficult, but with hard work comes a great reward. All should be thankful Lee released this.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results