Lepaul Spread

Nov 5, 2007
Benicia, CA
I've been watching the Lepaul spread explanation on the Trilogy and am having trouble trying out myself. I feel like I'm literally crushing the deck in my hand and not getting any spring off the top. Can somebody break it down for me?

Sep 2, 2007
I've been habving teh same problem, the cards either come of in chunks, not usually, or they pop of one by one very inconsistantly or slowly. I've practiced, But i will continue to practice

Aug 31, 2007
Hand strength, I believe it's hand strength. Plus a knack. Be prepared to warp one of your decks while you practise. The deck I used to practise my LePaul Spread with (I still keep it) has a permanent U-bend in it. And it has been like this for 3 years. :D

Now why didn't I put it in my Porper?

- harapan. magic!

Hand strength is a huge part of the lepaul spread. Initially the cards will just go everywhere, honestly, but your hand slowly builds the strength. If I try using my other hand to lepaul spread cards just fly everywhere because I havent built the strength in that hand. It's knacky, but you will get it with practice, it only took me a week or so to get down basically from scratch and then of course perfecting time. Once you get the cards to spread a little, go very slow, this move does not work if you go fast (not when you are learning anyway)

Sep 1, 2007
Surrey.U.K
I found the grip with non springing hand makes alot of difference, applying a small amount of downward pressure and pulling away swiftly helps an even spread, well it works for me.

Nov 5, 2007
Benicia, CA
Thanks all. I think I've got the hand strength, but will work on some of the finger and hand excercises. I'll also play with the not springing hand as Mr. J suggested.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results