LIMAC Convention - NYC

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Whoa, today was one of those days I'll never forget.
I've been looking forward to seeing Danny Garcia's lecture since I saw the flier in January for LIMAC. It was much more than I expected it to be.

His show and lecture were awesome. Danny's one creative and funny dude.
I met him a couple times in the day, starstruck every time because I'm a little fanboy, haha. It was pretty bad though, like I couldn't even speak right cause I didn't know what to say. And every time I knew what I was going to say, I couldn't get out what I was trying to say.
Yeahh. . . bad first impression, whatever sh*t happens. ;)

I got him to sign my deck of Jerry's though. He's had a big impression on me and magic, so to have his sig on a deck that I use and keep is well worth it.
After that, he told me he was sticking around for a bit. So later I went to his booth to watch some new tricks. They were incredible, and some were even off his Garcia projects 4,5, and 6. Can't wait to get my hands on those.

Along with my long Danny Garcia story, I also enjoyed watching Asi Wind and Mark Mason perform. Asi had a killer trick where he made someone's $20 disappear and then reappear under that person's watch. Watching Asi perform his effects was like watching magic for the first time.

The end of the perfect day came to a close when I saw three performances of John Ferrentino, The Showoff Show, and Jay Mattoli.
All were excellent performers and inspired me to work harder and get to where I want to be.
After all of this, all I had to do was to drive home for a half hour and reflect on everything that happened today.
Today was a good day.

-Dan Tripi

P.S. After getting home, I was in the mood to do magic. Luckily my friend was having a party for his 21st. I went there and did my stuff. Even did "lifesaver" which was something I had been working on for awhile and it killed. What better way to end this day? ~Awesomeness

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Sounds like a super day Danny. Nice experience to say the least. I am really excited for Garcia Project 4, 5, 6 as well. Did he give any time frame on the release of those?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results