Live Performance - At the Boy Scout Meeting

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Hey man, I really enjoyed that routine. You seemed to really have them engaged and enjoying the magic. :)

If there was one thing to suggest it would just be to make sure that everyone can see your magic, the guy on your right didn't appear to have much of a view and believe me he was missing out! :p

Still though, real nice show you put on there. :)

- Sean

Nov 30, 2007
Based from my perfermance, how much do you think I should charge approximately?

First of all, nice job. Second, like someone said, make sure everyone can see the magic. At one point I think your back was totally turned on someone. Third, the price you should charge. Personally, if you are going to do magic for like the Boy Scouts, I wouldn't charge. But really I don't know how much you should charge for something else. See what I am going to do is perform at like Nursing homes and Hospitals just for free. I will perform for the people to try to make them feel better. I think that that is what magic is all about!

PatrickKun

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.patrickkun.com
Thanks Dejavu05, but what I meant was in general if I would do shows for people who hire me. Thanks everyone for the comments. One problem was the setting though, the table they have was a large circle table so it's really hard to involve everyone comparing with a square table. But yeah, I noticed my back sorted turn. Thanks again!

I thought it was a great routine! I agree with the other posters who said not to turn your back to your audience. It seemed as if your entire focus was on the left side of the table (your left). You turned your mat to face your left side, when it was your right side that was blocking view of the spectators. Remember, if you turn your back to your spectators, they will turn their backs on you. That's just something to keep in mind. Try addressing all spectators rather than just one in particular when performing for a group.

Also, watch your "Ums and Uhhs". I think the "Ums and Uhhs" happened because you focused too much on your patter. Try making jokes on the spot rather than following a strict set of rules. Just throw more of yourself into your performance. I can't tell you what "yourself" is though, only you know :p.

Overall it was a good performance and I enjoyed it. Keep up the good work!

Mitch

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results