Looking for a semi-pro HD camcorder

Sep 1, 2007
Pasadena-->Mexico
hi, i didn't know where to post this since it is not magic related , well it is for me cause i am looking for a semi-pro HD camcorder which is not so expensive, i mean between 1200-2000 USD range hope you can help guys , because I want one for making a little video

thanks

Sep 1, 2007
I agree, the Canon HV30 (or HV20, which is pretty much the same but not in black, and cheaper) is probably one of the most popular consumer level HD Camcorders. The quality of video it shoots is phenomenal for such a small and affordable package. If you look at www.vimeo.com there are MANY "test footage" clips of HV20s and HV30s where you can see the beautiful picture.

Also there is a very popular website/forum at www.hv20.com that is a community for hv20/30 users to get help and share tips and stuff.

Hope that helps!

I agree, the Canon HV30 (or HV20, which is pretty much the same but not in black, and cheaper) is probably one of the most popular consumer level HD Camcorders. The quality of video it shoots is phenomenal for such a small and affordable package. If you look at www.vimeo.com there are MANY "test footage" clips of HV20s and HV30s where you can see the beautiful picture.

Also there is a very popular website/forum at www.hv20.com that is a community for hv20/30 users to get help and share tips and stuff.

Hope that helps!
Wrong, the HV30 shoots in 24p AND 30p whereas the HV20 shoots only in 24p... :p

The thing that's great with the HV20 and 30 is its amazing quality for its size and all of the wonderful add ons that are available.

Mitch

Jun 28, 2008
Missoula, Montana
hi, i didn't know where to post this since it is not magic related , well it is for me cause i am looking for a semi-pro HD camcorder which is not so expensive, i mean between 1200-2000 USD range hope you can help guys , because I want one for making a LITTLE video

thanks

Geez i hope your paying that much for something more than just a LITTLE video

Hey thanks Mitchell i have heard that HD is not always best , so do you know any semi-pro mini dv or any nice format camcorder
Thing is that there's a HUGE jump from the high end consumer cameras to the low end prosumer cameras.

Best bang for your buck will be the HV30 (800$). Then after that you have the Canon GL2 (2,000$) and it's only SD. It only goes up from there. A great site with tons of info on cameras is this: www.indymogul.com and www.dvinfo.net.

Hope I helped and made sense (I'm incredibly exhausted and still can't sleep.)

Mitch

Sep 7, 2007
Hi,

One of my buddies attends a college in Chicago for film. To be honest, I have no idea about any of this but he hands-down swears to all that he is worth to use the Sony HDR-SR12.

He tells me that it has the quality and settings of a professional movie camera, just with a lower color spectrum.

Some key benefits of the camcorder are;
-Full HD 1080P
-120GB HD
-Night Shot
-Detachable lenses
-Options to add many attachments like; lights, microphones, lenses, pods, handles, and many more.

Just Google it and you will have a ton of results ;)

Like I said though, I honestly don't know much about this. Its highly recommended from my friend and I have used it before. Works great, easy to use, and produces an outstanding picture.

Hope I was helpful -
The loving cow;

Hi,

One of my buddies attends a college in Chicago for film. To be honest, I have no idea about any of this but he hands-down swears to all that he is worth to use the Sony HDR-SR12.

He tells me that it has the quality and settings of a professional movie camera, just with a lower color spectrum.

Some key benefits of the camcorder are;
-Full HD 1080P
-120GB HD
-Night Shot
-Detachable lenses
-Options to add many attachments like; lights, microphones, lenses, pods, handles, and many more.

Just Google it and you will have a ton of results ;)

Like I said though, I honestly don't know much about this. Its highly recommended from my friend and I have used it before. Works great, easy to use, and produces an outstanding picture.

Hope I was helpful -
The loving cow;
I wouldn't recommend a hard drive camera, not yet. It's in its early stages of life and right now many computers simply don't have to codecs to play the files, or you must go through a grueling process to find the codecs.

DV tapes are still your best bet as you'll always have a hard copy.

Mitch

Mar 25, 2008
Arkansas
I have an sony HDR-HC9 HDV Camcorder (search it on www.bhphotovideo.com) and am VERY happy with it. It is what travel and discovery channel use for b-roll in HD. Shoots 1080p. Shoots on dv tape. Lovely. Around a grand. Recommended.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results