Looking for thick / stiff Playing Cards

Jun 7, 2016
Hi there,

I'm looking for "thick" playing cards. Regular Bicycle Cards have afaik three layers. Two thin layers on the outside, one thick on the inside. In fact everything USPCC produces is three layered, isn't it?

I'm looking for something like a four layered playing card. If it exists at all...

Generally speaking, a deck with real stiff cards. But not plastic.

Can you guys help me out?

Thanks

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hi there,

I'm looking for "thick" playing cards. Regular Bicycle Cards have afaik three layers. Two thin layers on the outside, one thick on the inside. In fact everything USPCC produces is three layered, isn't it?

I'm looking for something like a four layered playing card. If it exists at all...

Generally speaking, a deck with real stiff cards. But not plastic.

Can you guys help me out?

Thanks

Clarification - USPC decks have two paper layers, laminated together by a black glue. If you are counting the glue layer as a layer, then you aren't going to find a two-layer or four-layer stock, only one layer (just paper) and three layer (paper - glue - paper) papers. I suppose someone out there might use stock made of three or more paper layers (paper - glue - paper - glue - paper, so 5 layers by your counting), but if that exists I don't know of it.

What you are probably looking for would be a thicker or stiffer paper that is also laminated. The one-layer stocks tend to be thin and weak, though there are exceptions.

Do you have any examples of a deck that has felt good to you?

// L

Jun 7, 2016
Hey,

unfortunately not. My memory tells me my David Blaine Split Spades Lion 1st Edition was quite nice. But at the same time all sources tell me these cards were printed by the USPCC. So, by your definition, must have been a "paper-glue-paper" stock

Mar 6, 2015
Robert, Maverick playing cards are not thick but more stiff than Bicycle.

If you want really thick cards, take two decks and glue cards with glue stick. It will work.

Apr 9, 2016
The thickest general market cards I've worked with are Bee 92's. Also, Richard Turner recreated the Gold Seal Bicycle cards from Bee stock and used the old Erlanger KY machinery to do it, traditional cut and all. They are at least as stiff and thick as a Bee, possibly even a bit more.

Both can be had for $3-5 or less if ya buy bricks. I prefer the Gold Seal Bicycles for a number of reasons, they are brilliant cards, but I'd definitely suggest giving each a try and see if they fit your need.

Good Luck, and if you do find what your looming for I'd be interested to hear the final verdict out of curiosity. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results