Magazine Question

Nov 17, 2007
I just have a quick question on some magic magazines. There are 2 main ones that I hear about all the time. Magic Magazine and Genii. I'm thinking about subscribing to one of them but I haven't the money to subscribe to both. I was just wondering about your opinions about both magazines and their pros and cons. Which one do you like more? Which one teaches the most magic? Is one of them more card based then the other? Do they just talk about magic or do they actually teach some? If anyone could answer some of these questions, that would help me out a ton. Thank you so much.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I asked the same question to some people in a p.m. and those two were the ones recommended. Everyone said they are both good its just personnal preference.

Honestly, I wasn't that impressed with my first volume of Magic Magazine. There was a review for Captured by Justin Miller and the first 2/3 of the review was slamming on him for his religious beliefs and the clothes he wears. I was pretty disappointed that a mag of that caliber allowed the reviewer to stoop so low as to attack the artist personally instead of keeping the focus more on the effect.

I'm going to subscribe anyway because I liked the rest of the mag and I enjoy reading Henderson's and others reviews but they pull that again and I'm canceling it for sure just on principal. End rant.

My suggestion would be order 1 back issue of both mags and go through them. Subscribe to the one whos style fits you best. Pay for that one yourself and ask for the other on your birthday. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Try Reel Magic Quarterly; every review I've read about it has been praising it... I think it'd be worth checking out.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results