MAGIC☆CON :: Introduction Podcast - 09/15/09

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
FU :p
I check the hotel price and it may be ~$200-250/night + meals. So it will be $900+ for 3 days + ticket for Magic Con. :p

Just to clarify - the hotel cost will not be as expensive as mentioned. We worked out a special group rate with the hotel that helps out everyone. More details will be included in the podcasts to come.

Just to clarify - the hotel cost will not be as expensive as mentioned. We worked out a special group rate with the hotel that helps out everyone. More details will be included in the podcasts to come.

Im looking at staying in the states for about 2 weeks Jon, and perhaps San Diego for a few more nights than just the conference, will this special extend over a few more days or just the three nights?

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Im looking at staying in the states for about 2 weeks Jon, and perhaps San Diego for a few more nights than just the conference, will this special extend over a few more days or just the three nights?
I don’t have any inside info but usually that’s not the case. That doesn’t mean you can’t contact them and try to work a deal.

If you were going to stay longer I would recommend staying in a non-Bay/waterfront hotel. You could drive less than a half hour North or West and find a decent hotel for between 80 and 100 dollars US. Lots to do in SD. Don’t forget LA is only about a 2 hour drive North and Vegas about 7 to the west. Oh yeah, lets not leave out Mexico 20 minutes to the South.

I don’t have any inside info but usually that’s not the case. That doesn’t mean you can’t contact them and try to work a deal.

If you were going to stay longer I would recommend staying in a non-Bay/waterfront hotel. You could drive less than a half hour North or West and find a decent hotel for between 80 and 100 dollars US. Lots to do in SD. Don’t forget LA is only about a 2 hour drive North and Vegas about 7 to the west. Oh yeah, lets not leave out Mexico 20 minutes to the South.

Thanks mate! Might contact yourself for more info on the states?

Seems alot different than Australia, the closest Capital City (Besides the one I live in) is about 10 hours away lol.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Thanks mate! Might contact yourself for more info on the states?

Seems alot different than Australia, the closest Capital City (Besides the one I live in) is about 10 hours away lol.
Ha. The drive to Vegas would make you feel right at home as its mostly through hot barren desert. East coast cities tend to be even closer together especially cities in the North East.

For the short drive that it is to LA and you coming as far as you are from kangaroo land, I would say dont miss out on it. Its a fun scene and don't forget the Castle is there also. Feel free to shoot me a pm anytime with questions or post here.

Cheers

D

Deleted member 2755

I'm actually heavily trying to find a way to attend this. It's too cheap and awesome to pass up. It probably won't happen, but I'm gonna try.

-Doug

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Well, all my seat sales are over now, so I probably won't be going (*tear*). But I thought I would give a heads up for anyone who really wants to go, but can't afford that hotel: There is a European style hotel about five min walk away with VERY good rates. It's a nice hotel with rooms as low as $39 (single bed, no TV, shared bathroom). It may make the difference between going or not for some of you.

http://hotels.san-diego.us/682_hote...yy&checkOut=mm/dd/yyyy&numRooms=1&numAdults=1

Justin

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results