Magic at the Movies!

Aug 2, 2011
California
Hi guys! So I work at a movie theater, and my manager asked me if I would like to perform at our staff meeting in July. I thought it would be fun to do something movie/Hollywood related to fit the theme of my job. My question is if anyone here has a movie theater themed magic idea or can point me in the right direction to find something.

Keep in mind that I will be performing for about 40-50 staff members in one of theaters. Thanks!

Aug 25, 2012
As for movie magic the only 2 that I am really familiar with is Jurassic Deck by Peter Eggink, and Sneak Preview by Danny Archer!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I use sneak preview by Danny Archer all of the time for table hopping / strolling. If you want a "movie" theme this is a great mentalism little effect and you get plenty of performances out of what you get.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I do a routine called "Being There" that is part of the material you get when purchasing "Sensory Projection" from the Underground Connective group in the UK. Sensory Projection is, in my opinion, an awesome piece of Mind Reading and evidently my audiences thinks so and the local magician's like it so much that many have thought it perfectly ok to go out and put it into their shows (why can't they just do their own material?)

From a layman's point of view this is a very impossible bit of revelation, but then it's stumped 90% of the magic guys that have seen it worked as well because it takes the premise of a Progressive Anagram and twists it in a couple of cool directions; I've used the basic formula to create my own trees more than a few times.

I think Jay Sanky and Richard Osterlind have some movie themed routines out there too. There is likewise a version of the McCombical Prediction done with movie posters that's kind of cute, but you might have to make you own set.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results