Magic Collecting

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
As far as opinions on magic collecting, I guess my thing is I don't see how it is that exciting to collect decks of cards and then they just sit and the only to get them out every now and then for a few people to see. Most of the general public could care less about a 1st edition pack of black ghosts.

If it is a rare book or item that you are actually going to use then I guess that is a bit more valuable to me than cards sitting in a box.

Some of the items / books I collect I hope that someday my son or grandchildren may sit down and read or find a gem to use if they ever get into magic.

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
I have a copy of Greater Magic that was owned by Eddie Tullock, "The Phantom Founder of Trade Show Magic".

Eddie kept this book with him all through his military service during WWII. He left numerous paper bookmarks throughout the 1000+ pages.

I got this book with those bookmarks still in there, it's so awesome.

I also have Pure Effect and Absolute Magic, as well as the 3rd edition of Expert Card Technique that I got for $19 on Amazon in great condition!

I also have a pristine copy of "The Fine Art of Magic" with the dust jacket.

That's about it for my collectable/OOP.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I collect money from magic shows that I do. After I read "Rich Dad Poor Dad", I figured this would be the way to go rather than only spending money to do magic =).

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I was just wondering if there is anyone in this forums into collecting magic books, apparatus, ephemera, etc...
I would also like to know if you own some collectible (autographs, book, poster...) piece of magic that you are proud of owning.

What are you looking for?

My mentor and I shared one of the largest private collections of famous magic for a number of years. A lot of it is now in Dr. Albo's collection, most of the Thurston stuff went to Paris, France and the Houdin Museum and a handful of other collectors have key pieces from the Blackstone & Dante shows but I'm willing to see what I can do if you're looking for something in particular.

Personally, I'm just getting started with collecting but I have a collection of bicycle decks ranging from standard blue and red to vintage decks, ghost, black tiger, guardians, prestige etc... I also have a copy of W:H control dvd and a card (king of spades) that I got personally signed by Wayne Houchin. May not be a lot compared to everyone elses collection but I'm just getting started.

Mar 26, 2009
What are you looking for?

My mentor and I shared one of the largest private collections of famous magic for a number of years. A lot of it is now in Dr. Albo's collection, most of the Thurston stuff went to Paris, France and the Houdin Museum and a handful of other collectors have key pieces from the Blackstone & Dante shows but I'm willing to see what I can do if you're looking for something in particular.

I have PM you

Here it is

Randy Shine (in transit - signed card and business card)
Justin Kredible (signed card, signed picture, signed business flyer, and a DVD)
Jay Sankey (signed card, his business card is in transit)
Rocco (signed card, signed silk, and a business card)
Gazzo (singed card and business card)
Joshua Jay (signed card and business card)
Oz Pearlman (signed card and signed business card)
Simon Lovell (two signed cards and business card)
David Regal (signed card)
Murray SawChuck (signed card, signed business flyer, and signed poster)
Jeff McBride (in transit)
James Galea (signed card and DVD)
Jay Noblezada (in transit)
Lance Burton (signed card, signed photo, and signed letter)
Wayne Houchin (signed card)
Gregory Wilson (in transit)
Damian Nieman (in transit)
Bill Malone (signed card and short letter on his stationary)
Ben Seidman (in transit)
Jason England (in transit)
Mac King (signed card and business card)
Daniel Garcia (signed Car and business card)
David Copperfield (photo and card in transit)
Cyril (in transit)
David Penn (in transit)

Zenn, that is awesome. How old are you? That is a lot of stuff to collect!!! All I have is a buncha different E and t11 cards. I got my magic 1400's - 1950's book today. It's completely filled with original poster pictures and history. It looks VERY cool!

btw, how do you add pics from your comp?

May 2, 2010
New York, New York
I love collecting books and I read them all front to back. Photos not so much. I like to have photos with the artist and I have none. Some books I have that I love.

The Card Magic of Gene Maze
Charlie Miller Lecture notes signed
Martin Nash Lecture notes "Take it From Me" signed
Martin Nash Lecture notes "Ovation" signed
Re-Deal Richard Turner signed

file:///Users/mehtabbhogal/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2010/7-Oct-10/Photo%2019.jpg

file://localhost/Users/mehtabbhogal/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2010/7-Oct-10_2/Photo%2022.jpg

file://localhost/Users/mehtabbhogal/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2010/7-Oct-10_3/Photo%2024.jpg

not sure if those work... I took them from my macbook so I apologize for the quality.

Mar 26, 2009
file:///Users/mehtabbhogal/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2010/7-Oct-10/Photo%2019.jpg

file://localhost/Users/mehtabbhogal/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2010/7-Oct-10_2/Photo%2022.jpg

file://localhost/Users/mehtabbhogal/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2010/7-Oct-10_3/Photo%2024.jpg

not sure if those work... I took them from my macbook so I apologize for the quality.

Not working for me!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results