Magic for a Magazine

Sep 8, 2008
Hello everyone, I'm a long-time reader on these forums but this is one of my first posts in a looooong while, so please forgive me i it be in the wrong place or if it is a regularly asked question.

Anyways, I've been asked to do an article in a local magazine that covers the local area primarily on a multitude of topics. I have been offered the opportunity to have an article to showcase my magic, however they have asked as one of the clauses that I do a magic trick which is do-able by the reader, not like teaching but something they can read and be amazed by at home.

I want to avoid the clichéd Christmas cracker style stuff and blow minds with the text they read. Any suggestions folks?? Or even different presentations of existing tricks would be awesome... I’ve been racking my brain and am yet to get something credible enough.

At the beginning of Joshua Jay's Magic: The Complete Course there is a "trick" that you read and look at pictures to get the effect. It might help you get some ideas as to what you could do through text.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results