Magic Hat

Oct 19, 2015
I just received a nice black Belfry Topper Wool Hat. It did not cost a ton and seems to be well made and it fits me at 7 7/8th. It is not gaffed in any way, but could be. I already have a few routines to work on with the hat (Sponge Balls, Silk Color change, etc..) Do any of you have routines that use hats or references as to where I may find/buy some added ideas...my main audience is kids from 3-12 and parents of same....

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
In all seriousness though, there are a couple cool tricks in JINX magazine (available for free on askalexander.org) For a cool way to gimmick the hat cleanly, and a few cool effects go to the document named "Jinx No. 051 - 100" and type in 470 (in the column on the right, next to the "back" and "next" buttons). Or click over to page 470, if you have nothing else to do and want to risk breaking a finger.

That's a good way to gimmick it (though if you really like it and don't want to gimmick it, there are thousands of effects you can do without it

Impossible Location effects are going to be the best to start developing with IMO.

Also, @010rusty might have some ideas, knowing his previous adventures in hats.

On a side note, Adventures in Hats is the name of my favorite History Channel show from 2149.

Oct 19, 2015
Wait for it...

producing a rabbit!

Thanks Reality One and Maaz Hasan...
Actually, I have already researched this and found a stuffed rabbit to use. I think my wife would not be real supportive of me having some pet rabbits. If I got some live rabbits or doves, our three Golden Retrievers would think I got them just for them....??!! It would not be pretty.... Maaz, I will further investigate your suggestions, thanks.....

Reactions: Maaz Hasan
Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Thanks Reality One and Maaz Hasan...
Actually, I have already researched this and found a stuffed rabbit to use. I think my wife would not be real supportive of me having some pet rabbits. If I got some live rabbits or doves, our three Golden Retrievers would think I got them just for them....??!! It would not be pretty.... Maaz, I will further investigate your suggestions, thanks.....
Good luck lol

Also, there are these things called kicker or spring rabbits

You can make it look like you pulled a living rabbit out, as you can make it kick and stuff (Penn and Teller show a great version of it on the Tonight Show HERE)

Oct 19, 2015
Maaz, thanks! I tried to connect to askalexander.org, I my PC said not to access as the site was not safe? I then did a number of searches on google and Yahoo for JINX magazine, Jinx No. 051 - 100, etc. Found some copies of Jinx on ebay, but could not verify the number 051 or anything regarding hats....

I will keep looking....I know it is out there..

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Maaz, thanks! I tried to connect to askalexander.org, I my PC said not to access as the site was not safe? I then did a number of searches on google and Yahoo for JINX magazine, Jinx No. 051 - 100, etc. Found some copies of Jinx on ebay, but could not verify the number 051 or anything regarding hats....

I will keep looking....I know it is out there..
askalexander.org is perfectly safe. It said that to me too, but I know a number of people who use it, and I do so as well. If you want to use it and are still having trouble getting in, PM me, I'll be happy to help.

Oct 19, 2015
Thanks Reality One....lots of information that I can research and definitely gave me a lot of new ideas to work on....I thank you and my new hat thanks you...………..

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results