Magic Made all my Money Disappear! (1st post New Member)

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
What's an Elite? Based on how much you spend on T11? My wife tells me I'm special, does that count for anything?

Elite status at T11 is based on how much you spend. You get 10 points for each dollar and at 10,000 points you get an Elite card.

I'm certain that your wife thinking you are special is more important than any other Elite status. The real magic is to keep having your wife think are are special despite what you spend on magic.

Yes. RealityOne thinks he owns more than me lol. He doesn't know my Dad was a collector/ movie horder. We have near 100,000 movies in our home.

On another forum, they diagnosed our condition as C.U.P.S. -- Compulsive Uncontrollable Purchase Syndrome:

I suspect you have a lot more decks than me and more downloads / DVDs. I probably win in the area of books and magic props and you Dad probably has more movies that I've ever watched. Ultimately, how much stuff you have isn't as important as what you do with it.

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Elite status at T11 is based on how much you spend. You get 10 points for each dollar and at 10,000 points you get an Elite card.

I'm certain that your wife thinking you are special is more important than any other Elite status. The real magic is to keep having your wife think are are special despite what you spend on magic.

On another forum, they diagnosed our condition as C.U.P.S. -- Compulsive Uncontrollable Purchase Syndrome:

I suspect you have a lot more decks than me and more downloads / DVDs. I probably win in the area of books and magic props and you Dad probably has more movies that I've ever watched. Ultimately, how much stuff you have isn't as important as what you do with it.
From the guy who claimed "I got you beat." lol I use everything I have to create astonishment beyond the wildest of dreams.

Reactions: RealityOne

ProAma

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Don't make assumptions and categorize people into your purchasing problem lol.

Jan 2, 2017
Hey FYI, My MJM Package arrived with my TWO Magnetic Scotch N' Soda Tricks. An American version (dollar/quarter) and a Mexican verion (half & centavo). To sum it up, I am not happy and they suck!

The Mexican Version ONLY came with a Half Dollar, NO 3rd Regular Centavo coin? Just 1 coin that came apart. The picture for the listing on their web-site SHOWED that a DVD was included "DVD Included", and pictured a 3rd coin. came in a 2" x 2" Plastic Bag with a Tango Magic paper insert. Also, the magnet is NOT good (weak) and not just that, the cut or whatever they did doesn't allow the coin to nest very well, you have to push with your hand, the magnet doesn't do the work for you. It feels cheap and even the fake centavo looks bad and is washed out. Not Happy!

The American one is much better, but I still don't like it. Also, the FRONT of the coin has the CUT and you can see the ring when you look, just not happy, especially after reading how GREAT Tango Magic's version was.

I e-mailed MJM Magic the same day and asked if I could (on my dime) send it back, get a credit $71, and buy something else, and of course I'd pay for shipping back to me? The OLD Scotch n Soda I had that came with a Black Book with a color picture of a glass of Scotch on it, was awesome. I forgot the mfg.? but it was heavy duty and better quality and nested perfect and held firm. Even my OLD Half-Dollar (which I got out) when you hit on the table sounded SOLID, this sounds like a hollow tin can. I HOPE they just allow me to send them back (they look perfect) and I only carefully tested them out a few times and put them back in their package the way they came.

Oh well, I'm probably not the first guy that has been disappointed by a magic trick they received.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
NO 3rd Regular Centavo coin?

The Scotch and Soda sets usually don't come with the regular coin.

I e-mailed MJM Magic the same day and asked if I could (on my dime) send it back, get a credit $71, and buy something else, and of course I'd pay for shipping back to me.

Hopefully, Jeff will take care of you - MJM is really good with customer service.

You might want to try Roy Kueppers's coins. I've had great experience with his work (Traditional Scotch and Soda, Captain and Coke, Coin Bite, etc.). MJM has the Roy's magnetic Scotch and Soda but not the traditional one with the bang ring. I love the traditional one but have never tried the magnetic. With Roy's you will still need to buy the regular coin (they might even check to see if the dates on the gimmicked and regular coin match).

Reactions: TexasFlyingWizard

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
I will note with the Tenyo Magic items that, depending on who sells it, may also provide English translated instructions (or if you bought a T-numbered item from 2015 and above, there is an English instruction PDF code in the instructions). Most Tenyo are rather easy to figure out based on the illustrations alone. But there are some that are ridiculously tough without them.

I know a few places that will provide the instructions and I know a few who don't. But if you don't get English instructions with 'Ultimate Shocking Pen', let me know.

Reactions: TexasFlyingWizard
Jan 2, 2017
I came to say that I like your creative title.
Thanks David, you are very smart and have a good head on your shoulders, and I'm not going to disagree with you, my title was genius.... LOL JK.... I am actually creative and maybe should have been a musician or performer, but I play the role of the corporate monkey so I can feed the family. My brother is a professional musician (drummer), and it's hard to make a living. I am a Commercial Banker by Day, Guitar is my main hobby, BUT I always loved Magic and have been performing in social situations for fun for years. My interest just got re-ignighted and I am excited again!

Brett: I don't need any instructions, but thanks again for the advice on the Pen. It's on it's way. I owe you a PENny for your thoughts.

Reality One: Thanks for the response and you seem to contribute alot to these forums. I can understand it not coming with a 2nd coin (but only had 1 of my 3 sets did NOT come with an extra real coin, BUT in the PICTURE on the website that I bought this from, shows a Puictre of 3 Coins, and it shows a Box that says comes with a DVD. So, they need to change the description or the picture. Also, glad JEFF at MJM is a good guy. I am not trying to take advantage of him and will keep my $$ with him as I just want an exchange. I just want something that works and that I am not disappointed in buying. The American One is actually FINE/Acceptable (not amazing), just don't like it. The other one as I mentioned, sucks!

You guys are ALL so cool and NICE! I really appreciate the warm welcome and great information from everyone who responded. I wish I could watch you guys do a magic show. That would be cool. The Theory11 Magic Show. However, I guess Theory11 already HAS professionals working for them, but it would be fun to watch all of YOU guys do your tricks in person. I bet many of you are very good. Again, I'm just a magic HACK that likes it, but no expert, but it sure is fun to do for people and freak them out.

Here is some old 80's heavy metal (LOL) from years ago. This is my favorite passion, but for NOW, magic is at the top of the list and I have so much stuff coming that I am not going to know what to do with it all.

Jan 2, 2017
Mark from MJM Magic responded and said No Problem. Very cool and kind of him.

Also, I just got a bunch of tricks today in the mail: Ignition, Sven Pad, The Tenyo Pen from eBay (wrote INK for a few lines, then dried up), this version is nice but still not as good as the 10 year old Pen I already have. Man, all my old tricks seemed to be better constructed than the newer versions they are manufacturing now.

Also got a Mirage Deck and Invisible Deck, Departure, and ODYSSEY ( Theory11 Link to put password in worked, but the Password it gave in the instructions printed on the inside of the box does NOT Work. I read the same complaint by several others with the same issue in a private Penguin Magic Forum that people can access who bought the trick already.

I e-mailed Theory11 and hope to hear from them Monday. Was bummed out as I really wanted to see how it worked and to practice it. I didn't even open the bag with the gimmick to see what the TRICK is yet. I want to wait until I can see the video.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results