Magic News Sources

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Back in the day when we still had the theory11 show expose and the eariler show The Insider, they would talk about many different things. Most of all they talked about the news in magic. Possible magic movies in the works, magic tv shows. Magic tours, and cool and awesome performances in general. Etc.

Does anyone have an idea on the sources of the news? Where would someone go to find out these stories?

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
Back in the day when we still had the theory11 show expose and the eariler show The Insider, they would talk about many different things. Most of all they talked about the news in magic. Possible magic movies in the works, magic tv shows. Magic tours, and cool and awesome performances in general. Etc.

Does anyone have an idea on the sources of the news? Where would someone go to find out these stories?
Oh, you just missed it. @010rusty used to regularly post "The Wand Street Journal" here on the forums where he covered this stuff weekly.

Reactions: Mr_ARPY

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Yeah, I liked doing it. However school came up, and I got very busy. And of course the elephant in the room each one only got like 300 views a piece. Which isn’t bad but they only managed a like or two. So figured not many people liked it. As well as the overwhelming problem of reporting bad news and staying unbiased. My biggest problem was keeping it interesting. I got interviews fro Anna d, Blaise Serra, Stephen bridges, and yes even the Great Jibrizy (but let’s just say that one fell through once I started asking questions. But that’s a story for another day). I even started adding my brand of “comedy” to the mix. But overall let’s be honest the magic community doesn’t really care that Andy Field got a new dog! Most people in the community don’t care for others in the community as much as they should. It’s kind of sad.
I feel like the reason expose was so successful was because of the giveaways. I’ll be happy to keep doing it, but I don’t want to be Talking to a brick wall when more people want to read game night.
(Which I should probably start doing again)
But yeah check out the last issue here:
https://www.theory11.com/forums/thr...clusive-interview-with-blaise-and-anna.52231/

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Yeah, I liked doing it. However school came up, and I got very busy. And of course the elephant in the room each one only got like 300 views a piece. Which isn’t bad but they only managed a like or two. So figured not many people liked it. As well as the overwhelming problem of reporting bad news and staying unbiased. My biggest problem was keeping it interesting. I got interviews fro Anna d, Blaise Serra, Stephen bridges, and yes even the Great Jibrizy (but let’s just say that one fell through once I started asking questions. But that’s a story for another day). I even started adding my brand of “comedy” to the mix. But overall let’s be honest the magic community doesn’t really care that Andy Field got a new dog! Most people in the community don’t care for others in the community as much as they should. It’s kind of sad.
I feel like the reason expose was so successful was because of the giveaways. I’ll be happy to keep doing it, but I don’t want to be Talking to a brick wall when more people want to read game night.
(Which I should probably start doing again)
But yeah check out the last issue here:
https://www.theory11.com/forums/thr...clusive-interview-with-blaise-and-anna.52231/

That's awesome! I use to spend loads of time on the theory11 forums. Not so much anymore since I'm usually busy with other things. The whole reason I had asked about learning news sources because I was interested in starting my own youtube web series and wanted to learn the best places to find magic related news.

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
That's awesome! I use to spend loads of time on the theory11 forums. Not so much anymore since I'm usually busy with other things. The whole reason I had asked about learning news sources because I was interested in starting my own youtube web series and wanted to learn the best places to find magic related news.
I used iTricks, and typed magic/magician into google and clicked the news section.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results