Wand Street Journal 6/27/18 (including exclusive interview with Blaise and Anna)

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Hello, and welcome back to YOUR weekly magic newspaper. We've got a lot of news for you to skim over and pretend to read, so let's dive into it!

Dynamo may sue over under cooked chicken Due to side effects
Dynamo.PNG
The man who needs no introduction appears to be happy and healthy once more (thankfully)! After his hospital visit last year caused him to swell up, and grow a rash He mostly went out of the public's eye. However, recently he has made appearances in which he seems to be happy and healthy. In one of these appearances he stated he was "talking to his team" about pressing charges against the restaurant that is believed to have caused this.
So, for those unfamiliar with this situation here is a quick summary: The most life changing moment of Dynomo's life occurred when he was 15. He was hospitalized for his Chrohn's disease, and had HALF of his stomach removed, hospitalizing him for quite a while. So, while in the hospital he vowed that if he made it out, he would pursue magic full time. When he got out he became who he is today, and the magic community should be thankful. If you have followed Dynamo for any amount of time I'm sure that story is quite familiar. Many times this has effected him. Especially when he eats certain food. Which is what occurred last summer, when he ate chicken that was under cooked (this is because Food poisoning is already bad on the NORMAL human stomach, and if you have Crohn's it makes it WAY worse). He was rushed to the hospital, and given medication that has since caused him to gain weight and gain a rash. As before mentioned he has began questioning suing the restaurant, but not because of his appearance. That never bothered him. It is because of his health. Not to mention this rendered him unable to properly handle a deck of cards, and thus hurting his main source of income. However let us please focus on the bright side. He has came out of the shadows and appears very healthy and happy, despite this. For that we should be greatfull.

DANIEL MADISON RETURNS
9_1_4.jpg
Now if you are unfamiliar with this story, and what is going on with Daniel Madison I'd suggest reading
However this week daniel madison posted this on Instagram and Youtube:
Many say they are glad he is back, but are still awaiting there packages. So I will update you guys when more info is available. As of now this is all we know, and I do NOT do speculations here.

Anna and Blaise discuss MMS30D with the Wand Street Journal
upload_2018-6-27_3-7-56.png
last week I teased 2 very special guest would come on and discuss a Topic I think everyone will enjoy. This project is an attempt to put together a full magic show, with NOTHING PREPARED. NO SCRIPT, NO VENUE, AND NO PLANS within a 30 day time span.

So Here is an exclusive interview with Anna D. and Blaise Serra about their new and exciting project: "
Making a magic show in 30 days".

Question #1: and I mean this in the most respectful way. Many people have heard about this challenge and just wondered:

Why?

A:
Anna: "The reason we decided to try and produce the show in 30 days is because we want to hopefully inspire people watching to believe in their vision and not let obstacles stop them from making a show, piece of art, or other project. We wanted to prove to ourselves and others that if you set a hard deadline and work as hard as you possibly can, you are able to prevent procrastination and often times create something better than if you were to give yourself time to second guess every detail" (For more info watch episode 3)

Q #2 Where does this inspiration derive from? How do you come up with such a creative idea?

A:
Blaise
"For Anna and I, I think it started with us wanting to perform an act together, and around the same time we learned that some of our friends that had produced their own shows had a difficult time turning a profit. We both knew we had so much to learn about what goes into making a show, especially a profitable one, and I think that made us excited to dive in and make the best show we could for little to no money.
Personally, I think part of my inspiration was working with Todrick Hall on his world tour and seeing how he booked all of the tour dates before he wrote the album he was going to be performing, yet the show turned out incredible. For Anna, one of her biggest inspirations for making this show happen was talking to Sean Wotherspoon about his future plans for Round Two.She was really impressed with his quick turnaround time and plans to open multiple new locations so rapidly. I think both of us are really inspired by people that are focused and committed to actually doing what they have always aspired to do."

Q #3 You guys seem extremely confident that you can pull it off. Is there any kind of fear that comes along? Is there Anything in particular that you are afraid may stump you or get in your way? Like finding a venue, advertising or anything else ?

A:
Anna:
"We both strongly believe in manifestation. If you want something bad enough it will happen. Not like magic, you obviously do need to put in the work, but going into it with the right mindset definitely helped keep us motivated. Originally finding the venue was a bit difficult since we had a certain vision we were going for that we weren’t willing to compromise on.After we had such a tough time getting responses from venues I think we both were a bit worried about how long it would take us to lock down a location and if that would make the quality of the show suffer.One benefit of setting such a strict deadline is that it is hard to get bogged down in being worried or afraid about parts of this process, because there is always more work to be done and another step to building the show that needs to be focused on."

Question #4 have any real problems came up so far?

A:
Blaise:
"It definitely took us longer than we would have liked to find a venue, but now that we have that locked down I feel like there is a lot less stress. Anna and I had some disagreements about the types of venues we were looking for, which ultimately boils down to different visions for the show so we’ve had to discuss our personal sets of criteria and both make compromises since there isn’t enough time to obsess over small details with the deadlines we’ve set for ourselves. Since we both have our own careers we are focusing on outside of this show, sometimes keeping up with the schedule for the vlogs has been difficult. Especially if one of us has shows booked or has to travel, it is tough to create entertaining content that has to do with this show specifically on a consistent schedule since we both are pretty busy and this show is only one part of our lives. Otherwise, there haven’t been many problems that we have encountered and I think we are both just excited and ready for whatever new experiences we are about to encounter on this process, whether those are learning opportunities, successes, or potential obstacles."

So there! I want to give them a huge thanks for taking the time to do this. It really is
appreciated and I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Reactions: Justin.Morris

010rusty

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2016
LA (Lower Alabama)
Now with the major topics discussed let's dive into:

Product of the week:

It's chad long... Do I really Have to say anything besides "get it"?

Cool find: The exciting world of magic by Michael Ammar. This is about 50% off and easily my favorite beginner magic DVD ever. Make sure to check it out!

(I do not have a connection to the seller, nor do I gain a profit from this)

Performance of the week:

Darcy Oake "gets rid" of NHL
commissioner

Whether you like or hate Garry Bettman (NHL commissioner) I'm sure at one point or another you understand why so many people want him to vanish. That is why during NHL's awards Magician Darcy Oakes did this exact thing... Well sort of.. He came extremely close.

Yes, I know more people want to talk about Darcy's miserable fail at Justin Flom's Card artistry deck performance. However it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, and I want to focus on this.

Honorable mentions:
Seeing as P&T fool us has returned it brought with it some amazing performances. Some involving beer, some involving power tools, and yes some even included a usage of a magic dragon!

Chris Ramsay's Tv news performance. Meh... I really did not like the sight force at all. I'm not sure why he did a whisper reveal if she was wearing an ear piece. It just looked sketchy. However, I liked the green screen suit. It was extremely creative and pretty original, but I felt like even Chris sounded annoyed during his own joke.

Rob lake's AGT performance

Stock market- From what I've seen nothing was put back in stock. Nothing sold out. No major books were reprinted, and I don't have a weekly print out... so yeah...

Weekly idea: Obviously this gains inspiration from Anna and Blaise, but I want you guys to try it. Set a goal. Set a date and stick to it. That's it. Good luck.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Wow, can't believe we are still covering that Daniel Madison stuff. Maybe it will sort out.

I greatly appreciate Anna and Blaise's help beyond compare.

I really hope Dynamo gets better.

Other than that that wraps it up! Stay tune for game night in just a little! See you there!.

Here are the previous Wand street Journals:
Week 13
Week 12
Week 11
Week 10
Week 9
Week 8
Week 7
Week 6
Week 5
Week 4
Week 3