Title: MOVE
Creator: Danny Weiser and Taiwan Ben
Publisher: Taiwan Ben Magic
MSRP: $ 35
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 26 mins

Type of effect:

Manufacturer's Write Up:
From the mind of Danny Weiser comes a new twist on the Kineti-key effect!

Imagine using a pen throughout your performance, allowing the spectator to use AND inspect it as well.

Then, under your complete control, you cause the clip to detach from the cap and move along the body of the pen. You then magically restore the clip back onto the cap and hand the pen back out to be examined!! A Perfect "Anytime" effect!!

A stunning and fooling effect! You'll want to MOVE to order this on

How accurate is the ad copy? Good hype, no deception

What's in the box?
Move gimmick & the download code

Key points:
  • Takes up Almost No Pocket Space!
  • Always Ready to Perform!
  • Cap Moves at Your Control
  • Completely Self-Contained
  • Seemingly Impromptu!
  • Instant Setup! No Switching!
  • Pen is Writable and Examinable Before and After.
  • Can be Performed Anytime, Anywhere!
  • Online Tutorial Video!
How are the production values: The video uses multiple cameras and angles with a few live performances. Everything is well shot and well mic’d. The music in the background however is repetitive and …. annoying, and at one time in the video ONLY the DIY setup is being shown, and there is no voice over, so all you hear is the music.

Is it well made:
It’s a great gimmick, very well made – it writes, it’s examinable and you can refill it with ink.

Is it well taught: Taiwan Ben is the instructor and he does have a heavy accent, but in the time allotted, he does teach you what you need.

Storage? Does it "pack flat?"
Packs as flat as a disposable bic pen

Does it "play big?"
Levitations and animations always play big.

Difficulty / Skill level required:
This is going to take some practice, don’t expect to do this effect right out of the box. The pieces are small, delicate and will take timing and accuracy to get it to look just right.

How much arts and crafts are involved? none

How practical is this in the real world? (can it really be done?)
Absolutely

Overall score: let's toss out the traditional score of 1-10 and make this something that we all can appreciate and understand.

_X____ Very Satisfied
_____ Somewhat Satisfied
_____ Neither Satisfied or Dissatisfied
_____ Somewhat Dissatisfied
_____ Very Dissatisfied
_____ No Opinion

My thoughts This is not self-working, nor is it angle proof. For walk-around you really can’t have anyone on your sides or back. I personally don’t think the animated pen stem is needed as it requires extra set up and more gimmickry.

+ Hey do you want to see my full review with even more of my opinions and ideas? Visit this link for my video review:

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results