Magic School?

Feb 22, 2015
Hey everyone! I am just here to share one of my ideas to the community and possibly hear what anyone has to say. So, recently I have come up with an idea, not sure if it is original or not, but my idea is a "Magic School". Here's the image I view. Students go to "Magic School", let's say during the summer for a fun activity to keep them occupied. Now, instead of having the same old classes such as, Math, English, Social Studies, Science, etc. There would be classes like, Card Magic, Coin Magic, Magic Theory, Mentalism, Card Flourishing, etc. Do you see what I am after here? Students would go to all these different classes and have their different textbooks to go along with the different classes. For ex, Card Magic class would work on Royal Road one day and Expert Card Technique the next. Or for Coin Magic class would have Modern Coin Magic, or Expert Coin Magic, etc, etc. And of course their would be homework to. Such as take notes on a certain chapter in a book, practice for a certain amount of time then show the teacher would you have learned the next day, or even to look up an old or upcoming magician and to explain what their style of magic is like, or to even do a report on them. The true thing that I am wondering though, is if all of this could possibly become an actual thing for up and coming magicians wanting to grow and prosper, such as myself. Please do let me know what any of you think about this and do not hesitate to expand upon these ideas. This is not an actual thing, although it would be extremely awesome to actually see happen. Thanks again, and have a great day.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Sorcerer's Safari. Tannen's Magic Camp. Jeff McBridge's Magic and Mystery School.

They all do pretty much exactly that. Though the Mystery School is a little more advanced than basic magic concepts.

Watch "Magic Camp" on Netflix to see Tannen's Magic Camp in action.

Jan 28, 2015
Chris Mayhew released this short 20 minute documentary on the 2014 Sorcerers Safari Magic Camp, last month.

It's seriously worth a watch.

I am so jealous they didn't have something like this when I was a teen first learning magic in the early 90's!

|| Steven

Reactions: ChrisWiens

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I think there's a couple universities in the US that allow you to 'make your own major' which can allow you to do a magic major as well. Mac King has a Bachelor's degree in Magic.

Dec 5, 2014
In England, where I live, there are special schools for the very talented. For example: Sport and dance. What happens is that half the day is doing the key subjects and the other half is doing your school. I hope it opens for magic but I doubt it. I can live in hope!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results