Magic Shops suggestions?

Oct 7, 2011
Hey t11 forum!

I'm from Denmark, and I'm going to the States this summer.

My trip is this:

Denmark - New York July 15th
Then San Francisco
Yosemite National Park
Grand Canyon
Las Vegas
Santa Barbara
San Francisco
Washington D.C.
Washington D.C. - Denmark sadly...

I want to visit a magic shop, but I don't have time to visit one in each location, and I would rather buy all my stuff at one place, because it's easier.
I have thought about Tannen's, Misdirections, Magic Geek and Houdini's.
If anyone have some suggestions about which one is better, cheaper and so on. I would love to hear it!

My family and I would also like to go to an outlet store, so if you know a good one, leave a comment!

Send me a PM, Youtube message /ThemagicianofDK or an email @ nikolajboesby@gmail.com

Nikolaj

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Houdini's is more of a gag shop than a real magic shop, sadly. I recommend visiting them for the novelty, but don't bet on getting much there.

I don't really go to brick and mortar shops because there's none in my area. Misdirections, Tannen's and Fantasma all have good reputations, though.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Denny and Lee Magic shop in Vegas is very small but well stocked on great effects and props. Take a quick cab ride from your hotel and kill an hour or two in there. As mentioned...skip Houdini's if you are a more of an advanced magician.

James555

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
Australia
Man if you are passing through LA or Hollywood go and stop in at The Magic Apple. Possibly one of the best stores. Awesome place!

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Houdini's is for beginners and tourists. If you go to Tannen's make sure to figure out exactly how to get there. It's kinda tough to find if you're not prepared.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I've been to Houdini's, Misdirections, Tannens and Fantasma (also in NYC). I agree about Houdini's - not for you. Misdirections and Tannens are small shops. The folks at Tannens are great. But Fantasma is my favorite. The guys behind the counter are great -- especially Magik. You will find other magicians hanging out at the back table. It is by Pennsylvania Station (one of the train stations in NYC). If you are in New York, hit a Duane Reed drug store -- they have the best prices on Tally-Ho's.

Oct 7, 2011
Thank you for your help. Can anybody tell me something about Magic Geek. I know a lot about there web store, but can I actually go there.

Jun 26, 2009
Man if you are passing through LA or Hollywood go and stop in at The Magic Apple. Possibly one of the best stores. Awesome place!

Agreed. This is my local shop and the guys there COULD NOT BE NICER. They are dedicated to helping you and want you to be happy. Anyway, in NYC, Tannens is the go to place. To me, it's like The Magic Apple of New York so it felt like home for me :). Definitely go to Tannens if you want a real brick and mortar shop.

-Z

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results