theory11 — Magic Tricks & the World's Finest Playing Cards

Magic with Credit Cards

Jul 9, 2018
5
3
Hey conjurers,

I was hoping to hear of some effects you guys pull off with borrowed credit cards. I currently perform a short routine involving coin magic and was hoping to work a credit cards into the routine. Effects that I am currently working on are producing coins from cards and I am trying to figure out a good way to vanish such a stiff card.

If you guys have any tips or ideas on how to vanish, produce, or any other cool effects with credit cards I would really appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
OmnipresentCoins
 
Gregory Wilson has a vanish that he offers for free from Murphy's Magic
 
Hey conjurers,

I was hoping to hear of some effects you guys pull off with borrowed credit cards. I currently perform a short routine involving coin magic and was hoping to work a credit cards into the routine. Effects that I am currently working on are producing coins from cards and I am trying to figure out a good way to vanish such a stiff card.

If you guys have any tips or ideas on how to vanish, produce, or perform any other cool effects with credit cards, including a Union Plus credit card as a prop, I would really appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks in advance,
OmnipresentCoins
You could try using the credit card as a visual prop to produce a coin from behind it, then make the coin appear to pass through the card. For the vanish, a switch or a simple misdirection-based routine might work better than trying to hide the card itself, since it’s quite rigid. You could also look into card-to-wallet effects or routines where the card transforms into another object. I’d practice the handling slowly in front of a mirror first so the movements look natural.