Magician Sues Martha Stewart

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Many of you will recognize the name Patrick Albanese. He has served as the master of ceremonies for the Magic Castle for 15 years. Some here may know him well.

Apparently he is a hand model and a banjo player along with being a magician. He was moving a lounge chair which collapsed and cut off his finger tip. Now hes suing Martha Stewart and Kmart.

While there are several punch lines that quickly come to mind it’s a terrible thing to have happen. I hope everything works out for him.

Here’s a link to the article. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-ia-loungechairlawsui,0,5822653.story

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Ouch. That's incredibly unlucky. I guess if it was reatached he can still do magic.

Ouch...

just ouch....

Gustav

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
This is a little bit off topic, but I was watching Time Warp on this lovely evening, and they had this guy's invention on there called the "Saw Stop". Basically, it stops the blade of a table saw when it comes into contact with your hand- it can tell the difference between your hand and a piece of wood because of a slight electric current and the conductivity of the material being cut. But the inventor actually touched the saw blade (not the side- the cutting edges) while it was going, and it didn't even draw blood. It was insanely awesome.

FYI- Time Warp is pretty much a show where they do awesome stuff in front of high speed cameras (20,000 frames per second), and then study it in slo-mo. I highly recommend it to anyone into that kind of thing.

Anyway...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results