Mass Hypnosis?

Hi

My principal at school asked me to do some sort of trick at this upcoming day. I want to do some sort of Mass Hypnosis. Not real Hypnosis but like a trick Hypnosis. I know a few Mass Hypnosis Tricks, like having there hands stick together and making it hard for them to open their eyes.

Do you know any good resources for this sort of Hypnosis?

JDEN

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Im not sure bout Mass Hypnosis.
I wouldn't really recommend those trick things as well. Some people know them. For example the not opening eyes thing. Han Wong did it on his ZAP DVD and i was like pft.... wtf.... you know? haha
so not sure what you can. sorry

Jan 28, 2009
Whangarei, New Zealand.
Hi

My principal at school asked me to do some sort of trick at this upcoming day. I want to do some sort of Mass Hypnosis. Not real Hypnosis but like a trick Hypnosis. I know a few Mass Hypnosis Tricks, like having there hands stick together and making it hard for them to open their eyes.

Do you know any good resources for this sort of Hypnosis?

JDEN

There is a book I have about stage hypnosis... I've done a little bit but not too often.

Mass hypnosis (whether true hypnosis or fake hypnosis) takes a lot of skill and isn't something you can drop into in a few days. It takes a few months to get the techniques right.

Even when you have the skill to do it, hypnosis only works with some people. Sure everyone can be hypnotised, but only certain people enter the right level for you to be able to manipulate them.

In the book I spoke of they give some word of stage hypnosis, most techniques take groups of about 20 people and then whittle these 20 down to the few candidates possible to enter the right level of hypnosis, only about 1-5 people out of those 20 will usually make it to this point and even then they may drop out very easily.

So I wouldn't recommend this to you unless your willing to spend a lot of time and effort researching and training for it.

Sep 2, 2007
London
In one of Kenton Knepper's books he talks about an idea of walking on-stage confidently, and just shouting "SLEEP" at the audience with a theatrical gesture. If it doesn't work, you just pass it off as a joke, but with a fairly large audience, there is a strong probability that at least a few people will be suggestible enough to go under.

Dec 14, 2007
This is a loosing proposition.

If you fail, then you look like a fool. But if you succeed - you run the risk of having to deal with angry parents who do not approve of someone (a young person) hypnotizing their kids (minors). While you and I may know it's a "trick", do you really want to fend off a possible lawsuit trying to convince a judge and jury this? I know, you want to say I am over reacting. But the fact is, there are crazy over protective parents everywhere. There are people looking to make a buck everywhere. And there are people who are looking to blame someone else for whatever they can. Can you prove that your hypnotic stunt didn't directly lead to the kid failing his test? Do you want to spend the money trying to prove it?

Brad Henderson

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
This is a loosing proposition.

If you fail, then you look like a fool. But if you succeed - you run the risk of having to deal with angry parents who do not approve of someone (a young person) hypnotizing their kids (minors). While you and I may know it's a "trick", do you really want to fend off a possible lawsuit trying to convince a judge and jury this? I know, you want to say I am over reacting. But the fact is, there are crazy over protective parents everywhere. There are people looking to make a buck everywhere. And there are people who are looking to blame someone else for whatever they can. Can you prove that your hypnotic stunt didn't directly lead to the kid failing his test? Do you want to spend the money trying to prove it?

Brad Henderson

That is why I don't like USA. You can sue anyone for any stupid little thing. But Brad, if that is possible to do, than you are absolutely right.
In my country, you could never sue someone for that kind of thing...

To be on topic, why don't you try that thing that Derren Brown did on his last show, with a string and a weight hanging on it?

Jan 28, 2009
Whangarei, New Zealand.
In one of Kenton Knepper's books he talks about an idea of walking on-stage confidently, and just shouting "SLEEP" at the audience with a theatrical gesture. If it doesn't work, you just pass it off as a joke, but with a fairly large audience, there is a strong probability that at least a few people will be suggestible enough to go under.

That wont work.

Believe me... whoever told you that is a fool.

That is why I don't like USA. You can sue anyone for any stupid little thing. But Brad, if that is possible to do, than you are absolutely right.
In my country, you could never sue someone for that kind of thing...

To be on topic, why don't you try that thing that Derren Brown did on his last show, with a string and a weight hanging on it?

I swear that here in the US you can sue someone for peeing... otherwise known as a "voluntary chemical spill"....

Its not just that you CAN sue someone for trivial stuff here but that we are just spiteful enough to do it... ah but I digress.

C

Sep 2, 2007
London
That wont work.

Believe me... whoever told you that is a fool.

Oh right, I've always had a lot of respect for Kenton Knepper's work, but I may have to reconsider now you've concluded he's a fool.

Although, sarcasm aside, what grounds do you have for conclusively saying it won't work? I haven't tried it personally, but I've had good results with a similar principle working for a smaller group.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results