Masterfile or An Extension of Me?

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
Hey guys,
Payday is just around the corner for me and i'm recieving a wallop of money! But the question is, what should i do with it? I want to either buy Masterfile by Lennart Green or An Extension of Me by Eric Jones. What i'm asking is, what do you recommend i should buy? Which box set am i going to get more out of (material wise)? Which one has better/stronger magic that i might possibly want to use? All help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jack

P.S i am both a coin guy and a card guy, which might help you write a more helpful answer. Cheers. :)

Jan 11, 2011
Masterfile. Lennart Green is simply put, a genius, and there are several very strong routines and great false shuffles/cuts on Masterfile. I would recommend Masterfile Vol 2 and 3, although you should get the whole set if you have the money.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
Hey guys,
Payday is just around the corner for me and i'm recieving a wallop of money! But the question is, what should i do with it? I want to either buy Masterfile by Lennart Green or An Extension of Me by Eric Jones. What i'm asking is, what do you recommend i should buy? Which box set am i going to get more out of (material wise)? Which one has better/stronger magic that i might possibly want to use? All help is appreciated.
Thanks,

P.S i am both a coin guy and a card guy, which might help you write a more helpful answer. Cheers. :)

what kind of magic do you do ? strolling , or seated ? , cause lennart green 's magic requires table and close up pad
Jack

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
Well, i'm guess you can call me half and half. On weekends, i stroll on the streets but when it comes to being booked for partys and events, i perform seated (or standing up at the table). Maybe now you can give a better answer.
Cheers.

Apr 2, 2011
Chicago, IL
Which do you want to learn more of right now, coins or cards? An Extension of Me is awesome for both cards and coins, though it is a bit more coin focused. I don't have Masterfile, but I would guess it is pretty much all cards. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Nov 9, 2010
As has been mentioned above - Lennart's Masterfiles set is mostly magic that needs a table surface. It's not all cards, but mostly. I'd recommend you getting this to get a glimpse of the amazing mind of Lennart. There's a reason he's been known to fool magicians.

An Extension of Me is great if you want a little of each - cards, coins, sponge balls. Close-up magic that doesn't need a table surface.

Either way you go it's a great purchase - I can't recommend one over the other when the material is so vastly different.

Dec 31, 2010
I loved Masterfile. His material is very different, so you need to adapt it to your style. He has some great card effects in there. Including an awesome Out of This world effect.
Make sure you get the two decks that come with it. This site doesn't mention the decks, so I don't know for sure if there set comes with the decks. I bought it elsewhere.

PS- This video will make you want it, the DVD includes everything in the video:http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/lennart_green_does_close_up_card_magic.html

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
Well, i'm guess you can call me half and half. On weekends, i stroll on the streets but when it comes to being booked for partys and events, i perform seated (or standing up at the table). Maybe now you can give a better answer.
Cheers.
most of his FISM act have bad angles, and very difficult techniques, he also have easy trick but with a lot of set up, take a look at Michael Vincent's dvds, Andrew Wimhurst, Darwin Hortiz, or Bill Malone (very good)

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Michael Vincent has two very good DVD sets, though his stuff is usually intermediate (though he is a very good teacher and he DOES teach a lot of the basics very well too.)

Andrew wimhurst stuff is kind difficult.

I would say that Bill Malone's stuff can range from simple to kind of intermediate but his stuff is usually pretty entertaining.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results