Masterfile or Utopia??

Oct 19, 2012
bangalore
I saved 175 dollars from last couple of months and i am thinking of buying i great magic project .. I like the work of both Dani daortiz and Lennart green, and i cant make a choice between The masterfile by Lennart green and utopia by Dani daortiz . What would you do if you were me and why?? Thanks in advance :)

yyyyyyy

Elite Member
Apr 7, 2012
I own both collections actually, they're very different. Masterfile generally has way more sleights than Utopia does, and the routines in Masterfile are really long. Utopia feels like it's focusing more on the magic and the psychology. Dani uses simple moves because he knows that you don't need to be complex constantly. Lennart Green uses both simple and complex moves in his DVDs because Green is a very technical worker. Green goes over a few stacks in his collection and they can be very difficult but extremely useful. Dani teaches his effect "The Imaginary Deck", an impromptu invisible deck trick, at some point on his DVD and that is actually my favorite trick that I do. It's more of a personal preference really, I have no idea what you're comfortable with. So choose with caution.

Oct 5, 2012
I also own both. There are definitely more techniques and moves on Masterfile. Additionally, he covers some other close up techniques beyond cards (an excellent 3 shell routine, for example). That being said, I don't think too much of Green's act is "portable", by which I mean it would be difficult to do only a piece without committing to the whole act. I don't think learning the professional act is the point of these DVDs, though. I know that I have learned more from Utopia, because so much of it is detailed thinking about particular areas. For example, an entire dvd of the Utopia set focuses on the psychological force and its applications. The "fascinations" dvd has a number of really excellent, short effects based around particular ideas (i.e. torn and restored). For me, these pieces helped me to think about my own magic more deeply. That being said, I have Masterfile, Utopia, and Maestro (Rene Levand's) and I think that these in-depth studies of particular magicians are as useful as it gets in terms of deepening your understanding and approach to magic. So you can't go wrong!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results