Mat Franco trick on AGT?

Jan 23, 2023
What's the name of the trick Mat Franco performed on AGT?

He had Howie Mandel think of a card. Handed Howie a card from the deck, which is placed face down in front of Howie. Asks Howie what card he thought of. Howie answers. Howie turns the card over. It's the card he just mentioned.

See it at the very beginning of this clip:

What's the name of this?

Thanks.

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I doubt it has a name. It's just something you can do when you learn the proper techniques. Pick up Expert Card Technique or start working through the Card College books. Search the forums for how to get started in card magic. It's best to learn from the beginning, but these techniques will appear as you progress though you may not find it anywhere as a single trick all on one page.

Reactions: KJIsaacson
Jan 23, 2023
Thanks, David. I'm a newbie. Caught a feature about Asi Wind on TV, and got hooked. I'll look into the books you mention, but can you point me in a direction as to what technique(s) are employed in the Franco trick? Much appreciated!

DavidL11229

Elite Member
Jul 25, 2015
Seattle
I was at an Asi Wind lecture and he did something along these lines. When was asked how it was done, he said Expert Card Technique. I'm pretty sure he meant the title of the book, but either way works. Ultima Thule Location in chapter 9 is actually really close to everything you are looking for. It uses the technique Asi Wind was referring to and which is used here in the video. The rest of the trick as given in the book also goes a long way toward explaining what is going on here.

Having said that, you really want the Card College books. But the paperback Expert Card Technique is inexpensive so picking it up as well may be worth it for this one trick if that's what you like.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results