Mathieu Bich and SYMPATHETINK

Nov 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
A reply about Mathieu Bich and SYPATHETINK
Recently I wrote to Theory 11 about Robert Haas www.magicenhancer.com using Mr. Bich's Sympathetink for his trick (book) effect INKA.

I wanted to include my email to him and his reply about the matter.

My Email to Robert Haas:

Hello I was wondering if you had permission from Mathieu Bich on this trick. In April of 2006 He released Sympathetink ......the same trick using "special" pens. I know the pens wont be released in the states other than the magic community because of the danger of using paper and fire.

I am not accusing or anything. I just wanted you to know that this effect had already been released.

Thanks

"the gifted rhino"

Mr. Haas' Reply:

Rhino,

Thank you for writing. yes, we have cleared all legal barriers to this effect. Since Matthieu does not make or manufacture the pen, he cannot hold a patent on it. I did purchase his SYMPATHETINK and my routines are far different then his. His manuscript was poorly constructed in my opinion. My manuscript is chock full of ideas and patter, etc

His involves some set-up, etc. Mine are mostly impromptu and are for better (IMHO) for the working professional. Many have agreed....

The pen is a tool for magicians. I simply give you a bunch of EXCELLENT ideas to use with it.

Robert Haas
www.MagicEnhancer.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now mind you, I have not bought INKA because I already own the original, but from the demo video on magicenhancer.com. Mr. Haas' routines look an awful lot like the routines presented by Mr. Bich. Robert Haas may be correct and legally he may be on the up and up. But all I believe he did was buy SYMPATHETINK and then decide to sell his ideas (unoriginal) NOW THATS MY HONEST OPINION!!!!

I wanted to see what other forum members thought of this. LET ME KNOW!!!

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
This is a tough one....since the pen is readily available from Pilot pens....or from any online pen retailer.

It's tough because there are only so many things you can do with heat sensitive ink before you start repeating the same ideas.

Just my 2 cents.

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
so this pen did bich make it up or did he make tricks around a pen already available. If the pen is already available i think there is nothing wrong with making your own tricks around it

A card magician can't say its wrong for another person to sell a trick using cards

Where can i get this pen???????

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Not in Toronto (or at least not in the dozens of shops I've checked with).

If anyone finds a place that carries this PLEASE let me know. I don't want to special order them from the UK at $6 a pop, which isn't bad, but again, shipping kills the price, and I'd have to order a dozen or so to make it worth it, and I don't need/want that many pens.

I think the pens are only available in the UK, or through the Internet.

Nov 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
It might actually be easier to get them in Australia. You see in America and Canada we have so many regulations and rules. These are heat sensitive pens and too many kids can start to many fires here. I suggest getting Sympathetink first .....its only 12 bucks or so and you get a pen and great Ideas. Unlike with the INKA page....Mathieu Bich is always updating new routines and includes extremely cool ideas from other magicians. Everyone needs to know Matheiu is not just a collaborator on this site but a world magic (FISM) winner and creator of astounding magic. Just take a look at TNR.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
true, but I think giftedrhino is right.....I can't find them ANYWHERE here in Toronto. No one has even heard of them, and I'm talking big chain retailers that carry other Pilot pens. Even the more indie artsy places don't have it.....this sucks.

Oh, and Sympathetink is going for roughly $24 not $12....if it was $12 i'd grab a second set and not worry about trying to get the pens by themselves.

true, but I think giftedrhino is right.....I can't find them ANYWHERE here in Toronto. No one has even heard of them, and I'm talking big chain retailers that carry other Pilot pens. Even the more indie artsy places don't have it.....this sucks.

Oh, and Sympathetink is going for roughly $24 not $12....if it was $12 i'd grab a second set and not worry about trying to get the pens by themselves.

I got my pens on ebay.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results