Metal 2 Eric Jones

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
Hey guys, here is a review of Metal 2 by Eric Jones.

I will be reviewing several aspects of the DVD and give an overall rating for the category.

Material:
The DVD features 8 routines that Ellusionist calls 'crucial'. Although I don't feel that is completely true, all the effects are practical as well as hard hitting. I just don't see myself performing all the routines.

Imagination:
This effect allows you to show your hands empty and proceed to make a coin appear. Eric teaches 3 handlings using the same technique. I really like the simplicity and impact this can play if used correctly. 8/10

Impossible Production:
Here, you can produce four coins from seemingly thin air. It is easy, simple and a great way to start a coin routine. 9/10

Dean Dill's No Extras:
This is a great coin matrix that uses only 4 coins. The effect is simple, direct and a great take on a classic coin plot. Like any coin matrix, this does require a table to perform. 8/10

Jones C/S:

This is Eric's copper silver routine. It engages the audience and after each transposition, it gets more impossible. This is one of my favorite routines. 9/10

Pocket Miser:
With this effect you can make the illusion that you are producing endless amounts of coins. It is a great routine to use with large audiences in tight situations.

Coin on Shoulder, G.O.D.H.A.N.D and Body Loading Sequence:
These 3 routines are very similar and use the same concept but they are at a different caliber. To be honest, I would have expected them to be one routine on the DVD but they all engage the audience and make it fun for everybody. 8/10

Price:
The price is the usual $35.00 on Ellusionist and for what you get, its a good buy. It isn't too expensive or cheap. In addition, Eric goes over things like getting caught, redirection, pacing etc. 9/10

Quality: The DVD or most of the DVD was shot on DSLRs. The quality is the type you would expect from Ellusionist or Theory11. Everything is visible and easy to learn from. 10/10

Teaching: The teaching is great. Everything is easy to follow and learn from. Eric is left handed but the teaching is effective for right handed people. 10/10

If you are a beginner-intermediate coin guy, I would highly recommend this DVD. If you have any questions, reply here and I'll try to answer them.

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
Metal 1 teaches the basics. It is for people who are beginning coin magic. It has a few cool routines and flourishes but Metal 2 is purely routines. The routines are more engaging to the audience and are generally more hard hitting.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
Thanks for the review. I loved Metal and was excited Metal 2 came out. I'm assuming this material is more along the lines for intermediate workers? Are there easy, medium, and hard routines here? Also, I'm assuming you should know the basics (aka Metal type stuff) in order to pull the routines off?

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
The routines are for intermediate coin workers and there are easy, medium and hard routines. The easiest probably being Impossible Production and the hardest being the Body Loading Sequence. Metal 1 isn't really needed to learn this stuff but it is good to have a solid foundation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results