Metronone practice. Who here does it?

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I was reading something about how practicing magic with a metronome tends to help make things go smooth and flow better. IE: it helps you learn how to avoid framing when you deal 2nd's, bottoms and when you palm. But it also helps you learn a natural movement AFTER the dirty work is done. Thus making it like you didn't do anything in the first place.

So my question is, Who here uses this practice and how often do you use it. I know Juan Tamariz recommends it and I think I read somewhere that Vernon used it a lot as well.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I recall hearing that Eric Jones uses a metronome (possibly in his interview with David Corsaro @ Time to Be Awesome).

I've never used one myself, but I can see the practical uses, the hardest part I would think is finding what setting to have the metronome on to match with on your own natural speed.

Feb 7, 2011
Thats a cool idea, Never heard it before. Ive a metronome lying in a box somewhere, never used it for guitar, didn't think it was that great of an idea, kind of contained what was possible with a guitar in my mind. But for false dealing, i might dig it out and try that.

It would also serve to help those who flourish make their actions smooth.

Thanks for this.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Another idea I might try is Blindfold practice. Though they say you should only start doing that once you get used to the mechanics of the routine and everything, then you do it with a blindfold as to force you to get even more used to the muscle memory and not burn your own hands when you perform.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results