Mind Force

Apr 4, 2020
Is there anyway you can force a card without actually looking at the deck? Any method recommendations?

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
There are none that are 100% effective or that look good. Banachek talks about the top thought of cards and I suspect there is a lot of lists you can find through some research. If you focus on those cards, you could develop something with multiple outs using the invisible deck as the last out. There are a number of routines which use equivoque, but the method fails based on the number of choices that have to be made. My recommendations to use equivoque with an index.

With that, I want to comment. on your question. Why does it matter to the spectator? What is the difference in their memory (and the memory of those watching) if they pick a card and then, at the critical point in the routine are asked to "think" of the card? Remember, we aren't supposed to be doing real magic, just presenting the illusion of real magic.

Apr 4, 2020
There are none that are 100% effective or that look good. Banachek talks about the top thought of cards and I suspect there is a lot of lists you can find through some research. If you focus on those cards, you could develop something with multiple outs using the invisible deck as the last out. There are a number of routines which use equivoque, but the method fails based on the number of choices that have to be made. My recommendations to use equivoque with an index.

With that, I want to comment. on your question. Why does it matter to the spectator? What is the difference in their memory (and the memory of those watching) if they pick a card and then, at the critical point in the routine are asked to "think" of the card? Remember, we aren't supposed to be doing real magic, just presenting the illusion of real magic.
It is not really because of my routine but one of my favorite routines is ACAAN but i felt like the purest forms of it would have been choosing a card mentally without even looking at the deck. I know forcing something mentally doesn’t work 100% of the time but i would just like to know also know something from the mentalism side but that i can use in some of my routines . So with that said I would just like to learn it for my pleasure.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
For an ACAAN, it is better to use a method that allows a free choice rather than forcing a choice.

As I said above, the only methods are the use of equivoque or relying on percentages of what people pick with multiple outs.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results