Mind Power Deck / Radar Deck

Sep 24, 2007
Is there any difference between John Kennedy's "mind power deck" and Richard Osterlind's "Radar deck?"

If there is, which one do you reccomend and why?

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
There are a few differences, I don't know whether you want to know about the routine or the actual make-up.

I'm going to assume you know the basic and I don't think it's exposure if I said that the mind-power deck was 1 banked and the radar-deck was 2 banked because you have to know what I'm talking about :) If it is exposure please report this post or PM me so I can get rid of it.

With the Radar-Deck you can show the cards as pretty regular but it would probably not stand up to close scrutiny.

The Mind-power Deck on the other hand can be shown as a completely normal deck of 52 cards and (correct me if I'm wrong) but I think the spectator can spread through themselves too. - Note: You can do this with the Radar deck but it's not recommended.

In all honesty, I prefer the Radar-Deck over the Mind-power deck because I like the routine more. And you can really build it up to something incredible (check out Richard's performance on youtube)

Derren Brown has an astonishing routine using the mind-power deck on his DVD called The Devil's Picturebook. Maybe that's something you might want to look into aswell.

- Sean

P.S. Please bear in mind, I only own the Radar Deck and my knowledge of the mind-power deck is from watching performances and Derren's DVD.

Sep 24, 2007
ahhh. well that was an adequate but vague explanation. i'll probably be picking up a mind power deck, and possibly devil's picturebook or Pure Effect for Derren's effect.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results