Mind reading

May 28, 2010
UK
At the risk of making myself look stupid. Does anybody know how one would set about learning how to get a freely thought of name from some one. Like Derren brown or benji bruice. I'm lead it believe it might be done by slight lip reading. If anyone knows were you can learn how to do this be it book or DVD it would be my appreciated*
Thanks Seawoood

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
At the risk of seeming bold; start here;

Introduction to Mentalism

Learning Cold Readings

Both are a FREE download that I pulled together for people just like you. Understand however, what I promote is very old school when it comes to this kind of work, the material in the books is mostly about theory, philosophy and then a long list of resources that will take you further down the trail. The only thing I ask of folks is to leave a comment once they've waded through the content.

Nov 8, 2007
At the risk of making myself look stupid. Does anybody know how one would set about learning how to get a freely thought of name from some one. Like Derren brown or benji bruice. I'm lead it believe it might be done by slight lip reading. If anyone knows were you can learn how to do this be it book or DVD it would be my appreciated*
Thanks Seawoood

There are a few methods to achieve this, but it's not going to look like it does in the videos you're referencing where you can just say "Think of someone's name" and then just tell that person what it is. There's going to be some extra work that needs to be done whether it be a center tear, imp pad, peek, force, or taking a risky guess based on some gathered knowledge of the person. You can sometimes utilize these techniques in your pre-show work to create a dual reality between the participant and the audience to make it appear cleaner than it actually is. This is not something you can achieve through cold reading though. Cold reading is not a super power that actually allows you to really read someone's mind.

Hope this helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results