Mirage Et Trois by Eric Jones....

Well, I'll be honest. I hate writing reviews. But sometimes I like something so much, I feel obligated. Especially in this case.

I'm talking about Mirage Et Trois by Eric Jones. This isn't going to be a long, detailed review either, but most of you that know me know if I write a review about something, then I must really like that product. Or that it sucks.

What's the effect?

-----------------------------

Imagine three coins being produced before your very eyes one at a time from thin air, traversing from hand to hand at the fingertips and then vanishing as quickly as they came. This has to be seen to be believed. This is Mirage et Trois.

Eric Jones presents to you three separate, complete coin effects that flow seamlessly into one cohesive routine:

Out With Three: A comical three coin production that will have your audience scratching their heads with disbelief.

S.V.C.A. (Spectator's Visible Coins Across): One of Eric's signature effects. Three coins fly from hand to hand in the most visual way possible. This is what real magic should look like.

KKK (Three Klan Vanish): A three coin vanish that solves many problems for the serious coin worker.

-----------------------------

That's as black and white as can be...this is a true worker. No gaffs, no sleeving, nothing. A direct and simple routine that is as entertaining and magical as it is practical.

I performed this Wednesday night at my restaurant as an opener and it played very well. The reactions I got from this weren't 'screaming and cursing' per say, but more along the lines of baffled and amazed. This is a trick that makes the audience think and question themselves. And that's the kind of magic I like.

Angles? Pretty good. They're fine for most restaurant and strolling work.

Difficulty? I had this down with a good week of practice. It's within reach of most magicians.

Practical? Definitely.

So, there you have it. A quick and short review from a working performer. There aren't a lot of tricks I perform without tweaking, but this one is pretty good from the jump.

Best.
Steve

Jul 8, 2008
I think you should try to put more detail into this. I wrote a review a while ago on this one. Phase two isn't exactly a three fly. It's pretty much a 3fly, tenkai pennies, and one coin routine. Not what you think.

I think you should try to put more detail into this. I wrote a review a while ago on this one. Phase two isn't exactly a three fly. It's pretty much a 3fly, tenkai pennies, and one coin routine. Not what you think.

Mark,

2 things. For one, the point of this review isn't to describe the trick in detail. I feel that how it is described by the creator is good enough for me. With all due respect to Eric, Mirage Et Trois is not an extremely difficult routine. If you and I described the exact effect how the audience sees it, it would not be difficult for a magician with Bobo's Modern Coin Magic to reverse-engineer the effect. That is why when reviewing a trick such as this one, I simply use the copy from the creator's site. If it sold me on the trick, then it can sell others too.

Secondly, when I review a trick, I review more than just what the spectators see. I review the angles, difficulty, overall practicality, etc. I'll elaborate a bit..

Practicality: Is there set-up? Instant re-set? Angles good for environments that I frequently perform it, trick makes sense, etc.

Difficulty: I don't use a scale of 1-10, blah blah blah. I'll be honest...I hate knuckle busting tricks. For me, they serve no purpose other than to irritate the hell out of me. Also, the majority of my audiences will never fully appreciate the work involved in them either...so why bother? Simple, in regards to accomplishing an effect, is the best way to go for me.

Angles: I do strolling and close-up magic in banquet halls, restaurants, houses, etc. Oftentimes I'll have people trying to watch over my shoulders, people to my immediate sides, walking, standing around, etc. It can get rather hectic at weddings and other big strolling events. Therefore I need tricks that are angle friendly. With Mirage Et Trois, I can bring in the trick closer to my body to help with the angles if I'm surrounded side-to-side, or change some productions/vanishes if one of them isn't so angle friendly for that particular time.

Anyways, I've ran on long enough. I just felt I should throw that out there. I've read your review on this trick, and it is way more detailed than mine. But I don't have the time/desire to write up something that lengthy and detailed, lol. That's why I try to keep things short and to the point. :)

Best.
Steve

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results