Modern Mentalism V1 & V2- Matt Mello

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
Here's what's up: Modern Mentalism is a collection of 14 effects from the mind of Matt Mello, spanning 2 volumes, It is one of the few DVDs on the market that appeals specifically to the entertainer that performs mentalism close up. Another unique feature of Modern Mentalism is the absence of sleight-of-hand methods and awkward props. Instead, Modern Mentalism uses clever principles, interesting plots and extremely simple methods to create a collection of close up mentalism worthy of both casual and professional performers.

The above statement is definitely true. Matt is a very clever guy. So I'm just gonna review a few of the great effects off the DVD set.

Serial :: An on-the-spot serial number reading, requiring nothing more than a borrowed dollar from your spectator.
(Ok so this is a really easy impromptu reading from a borrowed bill. One of my favorites from the DVD)

Lottery :: This is Matt's version of the add-a-number routine, using the lottery as it's theme. It uses no switch pads or gimmicks, and as a bonus, Matt also teaches a way to do this effect with absolutely nothing on you but a pen and paper.
(This is quite possibly my favorite effect on the entire set. Very cool. Not hard at all.)

Any Card at Any Number :: Forget about complicated math and card counting and all of that, and get ready for one of the simplest solutions to the "Card At Any Number Plot". With only a deck of cards and a prediction, you'll be able to perform one of the easiest, most baffling effects imaginable on your spectators.
(Another ACAAN, which is awesome. Some of you may hate it because it has ONE sleight in it but who cares. It's very good.)

PS I Love You :: An impromptu and powerful demonstration of the connection and bond between people, using an ordinary deck of cards.
(I had to watch this twice to find out what was going on, mainly because I looked away for like ten seconds. Exactly what the description says. No funny business.)

Instinct :: This is a simple Russian roulette routine which has been used and tested by Matt for many years. The method is genius, and once you learn it, you'll be able to perform this miracle with a variety of presentations. Also included is a bonus idea not offered on the original Instinct video, something which gives the effect a nice extra punch at the end. Warning: Do not perform this effect if you are under the age of 18. Anyone who performs this takes full responsibility for their actions.
(Win. Just awesome. As with any roulette routine, be careful.)

Point and Predict :: After the spectator shuffles the pack of cards and spreads it across the table, they are asked to touch one, their choice completely free. The card box is then opened, showing a prediction that's been in play since the beginning. It predicts their chosen card.
(This is absolutely amazing. Very easy.)

Dark Arts :: A drawing duplication of the simplest design. The spectator makes a drawing, which is concealed in an envelope and held in their own hands. The performer then makes a drawing that perfectly matches the spectators.
(Exactly as the description says. Nothing more, nothing less.)

So those are just a few of my favorites from Matt's new DVD set. As always, practice them and you'll blow minds. A lot can be done on the fly, but some require a tiny bit of prep. So go out and buy a copy of Modern Mentalism.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results