Mods

Yeah, I agree. Problem is, they don't know us. With other forums, the baton(s) could be passed down throughout the years.

Here however, it will take a while to learn who is trustworthy, and who deserves it.

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
I'm here guys, I'm here! Haha. Honestly, we don't want to place too many restrictions on our forums. We're digging the laid back, relaxed, and fun atmosphere.

I know it's a bit odd at first when compared to other forums you may have visited, as our rules are a bit lighter. But I can honestly say I haven't closed a single thread yet... and that makes me happy.

We're here for you guys. All we ask is that you follow the few rules we do have in place, and everything should be rockin'. Feel free to discuss everything with complete freedom. 'Cause that's what we're about. Word.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I'm here guys, I'm here! Haha. Honestly, we don't want to place too many restrictions on our forums. We're digging the laid back, relaxed, and fun atmosphere.

I know it's a bit odd at first when compared to other forums you may have visited, as our rules are a bit lighter. But I can honestly say I haven't closed a single thread yet... and that makes me happy.

We're here for you guys. All we ask is that you follow the few rules we do have in place, and everything should be rockin'. Feel free to discuss everything with complete freedom. 'Cause that's what we're about. Word.

*Sings*

I'm Free to do what i want. Any old time.

Ha ha.

Awesome. This is pretty cool. So we dont need to worry about double posting or disagreements on a certain trick. Or Thread locking *Only if it is neccessary of course*?
Awesome!

Limitted Moderation is GREAT!

I LOVE the fact that there are not a hundred mods with the jack-booted mentality jockying for position with managment. Not that it is that way at "other" forums. However, it is quite relaxing and refreshing to have a bit more freedom of expression. Hell, I can say PENQUIN here and not be banned. How cool is that!

Curtis "Miles of Magic"

I LOVE the fact that there are not a hundred mods with the jack-booted mentality jockying for position with managment. Not that it is that way at "other" forums. However, it is quite relaxing and refreshing to have a bit more freedom of expression. Hell, I can say PENQUIN here and not be banned. How cool is that!

Curtis "Miles of Magic"

PENQUIN? Hm, I'll have to check that one out Curtis. ;)

Trevor

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Hell, I can say PENQUIN here and not be banned. How cool is that!
You can say Penguin. You can say Ellusionist. You can say Hocus. But you CANNOT say *****************. However, if you can figure out what that is, then you can say it. Because even I don't know.

Carry on.

Sep 1, 2007
England
Ironically because of a lack of mods this is the second 'where are the mods' thread to pop up. There may even have been another.

I'm not to sure about the, 'do whatever the hell you want and let someone else care about it' attitude, but meh, I'm not the one who will have to answer for it if there is trouble.

By the way, concerning the no threads closed thing, I read a thread this morning which is no longer there...

Tom

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Ironically because of a lack of mods this is the second 'where are the mods' thread to pop up. There may even have been another.

I'm not to sure about the, 'do whatever the hell you want and let someone else care about it' attitude, but meh, I'm not the one who will have to answer for it if there is trouble.

By the way, concerning the no threads closed thing, I read a thread this morning which is no longer there...

Tom

Umm uhh.. OH wayne houchin sneezed and umm.. Err. Magic came flying out. And Deleted the thread.

Thats whhy its not there.. uuh yeah.

ha ha

You can say Penguin. You can say Ellusionist. You can say Hocus. But you CANNOT say *****************. However, if you can figure out what that is, then you can say it. Because even I don't know.

Carry on.

supermagicalpeople?

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Do note that in no way are we condoning a free-for-all, but we want to keep the forum open as a medium of communication so that all of our members can express their opinions and ideas without being censored, filtered, banned, and otherwise harassed for those thoughts, ideas, comments, and opinions. That said, we do still have forum rules and guidelines of discussion.
I can assure you I have not closed or deleted a single thread yet. Maybe search around for it a bit more? There's a possibility, because of the aforementioned, that it still exists. Please get back to me on that, as I'm just as curious as you are.

Thanks again for your thoughts guys!

Aug 31, 2007
seriously having run and maintained many boards and forums.. and unmodded board WILL get out of hand very quickly.. trust me... moding is not about jack booting and closing threads, its about also organising the content and helping out the members...

moving posts to the correct groups, combining, splitting etc..

and wait till you get hit by spam (and believe me it's very easy for the spambots to get in here and start posting obscene photos and trojan aided links)

you could loose what is might be a fantastic forum... please pm me if you wanna chat :)

Sep 1, 2007
Bristol,England
People shouldn't ask to become a Mod, it just sounds like people are begging to become one, which isn't cool.

Im sure they will pick people who genuinly want to help out

Many thanks

Dan

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
seriously having run and maintained many boards and forums.. and unmodded board WILL get out of hand very quickly.. trust me... moding is not about jack booting and closing threads, its about also organising the content and helping out the members...

moving posts to the correct groups, combining, splitting etc..

and wait till you get hit by spam (and believe me it's very easy for the spambots to get in here and start posting obscene photos and trojan aided links)

you could loose what is might be a fantastic forum... please pm me if you wanna chat :)

wow i am not aalone here.

Moderating is a job. and it isnt always easy.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results