Mods

Aug 31, 2007
People shouldn't ask to become a Mod, it just sounds like people are begging to become one, which isn't cool.

Im sure they will pick people who genuinly want to help out

Many thanks

Dan

I'm just pointing out some facts... I'm happy to help out any way i can with a good venture... i was kidding in my other post about being a mod... mods tend to get appointed when the people running the board see they have their head screwed on and arent off on some crazed power trip ;)

people who ask seriously tend not to make good mods.. and yes it takes time and reading to mod correctly.. I'd hate to see the boards spiral into an unmanageable mess ;)

Aug 31, 2007
interwebz
I love the fact that I don't have to worry about getting banned here for simply asking why people don't like Penguin or asking something about the Bucks.

Sep 1, 2007
There needs to be some more mods. Because there are some really off topic posts in the review forum that should be moved.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I think that when the time comes to appoint mods they should have a chance for everyone to apply, and have the members vote on who they think should get the position, with the Admin geting the final word.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Or they can choose without people applying.

But they only need 5 or 6 mods 10 at most.

if they had a bunch of applicants i m sure that would get crazy for them.

~Jordan

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
We're definitely going to need some assistance as the forums start progressing more and more. We're keeping all of you guys in mind. I'll keep you updated!

haha, I'm an admin on another site and I've never locked a thread, judging from how it is here so far, I doubt any threads will have to be locked, but there may be the occasional few...But me personally, I don't worry about it...just think before you post and you'll be all good.

Aug 31, 2007
I'm here guys, I'm here! Haha. Honestly, we don't want to place too many restrictions on our forums. We're digging the laid back, relaxed, and fun atmosphere.

I know it's a bit odd at first when compared to other forums you may have visited, as our rules are a bit lighter. But I can honestly say I haven't closed a single thread yet... and that makes me happy.

We're here for you guys. All we ask is that you follow the few rules we do have in place, and everything should be rockin'. Feel free to discuss everything with complete freedom. 'Cause that's what we're about. Word.

To be honest, I'm glad about this. Most of the time perfectly good topics get locked for reasons beyond me.

It's nice to know, for once in a while, a forum that isn't extremely strict about the content that is posted on it.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I would imagine that the only reason for mods would be to keep topics from getting off topic, deleting certain posts and just have that feeling that if you do something naughty you'll be punished.

Yes, you can take that last bit as perverted if you like.

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
I would imagine that the only reason for mods would be to keep topics from getting off topic, deleting certain posts and just have that feeling that if you do something naughty you'll be punished.

Yes, you can take that last bit as perverted if you like.

You mean like going from asking what people think about a website to jorge the hairdresser from "Beauty Shop"?

And yet we got back on topic by ourselves so that wont be much of a problem.

Just wait till more people pour in. Then.. Then we will need them

~Jordan

hehe, nice one...but yes, senseiman I agree, but usually there are reasons for which certain things get canceled/deleted. Even if we ourselves do not know the answer as to why...

But I agree, I enjoy the "strictlessness"

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
You mean like going from asking what people think about a website to jorge the hairdresser from "Beauty Shop"?

And yet we got back on topic by ourselves so that wont be much of a problem.

Just wait till more people pour in. Then.. Then we will need them

~Jordan

That's exactly what I mean.
But I think once there's a bunch of people clogging everything down, someone will have to keep everything in check.

By the way, why would a French hairdresser be named Jorge?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results