"Check this out!"
"COOL BEANS"
"Bad news bears...."

Titles that rock:

"Does JB sleep?"
"Check Jessica Alba out!"
"I want Richard to father my children"
"I broke my arm doing a backflip on a 2'x2' trampoline..."

My point is, the title of your thread should reflect the actual content inside. By reading the title, we should have an idea of what to expect.

Yeah, I get why people do make these ambiguous titles -- they want to raise interest. They are wrong. Chances are you will raise more interest by actually making the title describe what the thread is! It also makes it much easier for people to find a topic on something they are interested in.

The more topics you see like "cool" and "got a question," the less inclined people will be to find a previous thread on their subject, and then you will get 5 threads on the same subject... or spam. And then you have other people wasting their time saying "oh that was already talked about here... NOOB." It lowers the apparent quality of the forum significantly.

So please -- think about your title next time. It is an incredibly easy way to do your part in making this forum a better place. Otherwise, incur the wrath of whichever mod/admin notices you first.

Happy intellectual posting,

Sep 1, 2007
i would make a thread saying "I want Richard to father my children"
but that would be weird cause im a guy... >.>

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
Hooray for mods! Hooray for glimmers of light through great chaos!

Ty
I'm actually not really a moderator. I'm an admin ;) (user #1, what what). But I'm getting sick of the lack of moderating, so somebody's got to do it. A couple of moderator candidates have already been picked, I don't know what the delay is.

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
Oh joy!

=P
I hope that's not sarcasm. Good moderators are pretty important. There are such things as good moderators, and bad moderators. Maybe you're thinking of bad moderators. Good moderators will help get rid of "57UP1d P0sts!!!!", exposure, massively inappropriate thread titles :)p), and generally help keep the forums at a level we think you the members would appreciate as well since you are a part of this community.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I hope that's not sarcasm. Good moderators are pretty important. There are such things as good moderators, and bad moderators. Maybe you're thinking of bad moderators. Good moderators will help get rid of "57UP1d P0sts!!!!", exposure, massively inappropriate thread titles :)p), and generally help keep the forums at a level we think you the members would appreciate as well since you are a part of this community.

Knowing Jordan, that wasn't sarcasm.

haha, yeah, I've noticed some mods are needed lately...I also agree with the titles, people should try to basically sum up their posts in the title, maybe be a bit creative like that "Gafftastic Ultragasm" which in my opinion is the greatest thread title ever ;)

Brewery Rabbit

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Poulsbo, Wa
Knowing Jordan, that wasn't sarcasm.

Your Absoloutly astonishly amazing right!
=P

haha, yeah, I've noticed some mods are needed lately...I also agree with the titles, people should try to basically sum up their posts in the title, maybe be a bit creative like that "Gafftastic Ultragasm" which in my opinion is the greatest thread title ever ;)
Ha ha thank you Avancer. I thought it was very clever and witty myself =P

I think it is awesome that you guys are getting some mods, I have noticed things getting a bit out of control lately and its nice to see some more authority brought to the forums, I'm fine with it as long as they are good, In a fun way.
I dont want uptight strict no laugh no sarcastic people. Thats not fun. Plus that doesnt seem very T11 like

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results