More on BELIEVE :: CA Speaks

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
"People are having a very hard time responding to me getting cut in half because, you know, they’re applauding my death and they don’t want to do that," he said. "I’m going to come here tomorrow at noon and … I will work with the director and try to kind of change the routine a little bit."

LOL.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Just interpreting what he said, so don't shoot me, but I think he meant that Angel was clearing trying to play down bad reviews and illusions not working - damage control essentially.

Dec 17, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, I understand that, but really. Sometimes the hate is a bit over the top. There are tonnes of shows where you can see cables and whatever (how about the Olympics this year?) and that never gets accused of being "damage control."

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
Yeah, I understand that, but really. Sometimes the hate is a bit over the top. There are tonnes of shows where you can see cables and whatever (how about the Olympics this year?) and that never gets accused of being "damage control."

Nope. You're wrong. Criss Angel is the worst magician in the world. I've never actually seen him perform live, but I can just tell. Those people that want Criss to do illusions like making the sky fall (while singing his theme song) know best, and they hated him. :rolleyes:

One guy said it was too much like the T.V. show. Maybe that will shut up some of the people that just ramble on and on about how much he sucks, he'll never be able to re-create it live, what he's done to the community, blah blah blah...

D

Deleted member 2755

I know some people that met Criss 2 years ago.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Friend: Hey Criss, can you show me something?

Criss: Yeah sure man. Pick a card.

*Card Chosen*

Criss:Now watch.

*cuts pack and does a riffle force... a terrible one... won't say why its terrible due to exposure*

Criss: Was that you card?

Friend: Yes.

Friend: That's it?

Criss: Yup. If you wanna see more, just check out my live show Mindfreak
------------------------------------

:rolleyes: Make up your own opinions from that.

When people go to a MAGIC show, I believe they expect to see MAGIC. Now I know that this is also with Cirque so you expect some other non magic crazy feats done. However, the main focus of this show is CRISS ANGEL. I mean the name of the show is "Believe". This is advertised more as a magic show than anything. They should have these crazy feats being done, but not ones that involve cables holding them in the air. Its possible that could be misinterpreted as a bad illusion.

Whether or not that was a bad illusion, it was poorly planned, poorly routined, and poorly executed. I can't say I'm surprised. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm glad his show was a failure. After learning some new stories about Criss over the last 2 weeks, I can't really say I feel sorry for him at this point. He had it coming.

-Doug

Nov 30, 2007
You guys, I am not the biggest fan of Criss Angel but remember what a stage show in Las Vegas takes. It is more than the magic, example: lighting, dancing, props, etc. Also, Criss Angel is going to have a hard time getting a good show in since there are high expectations of his stage show due to his tv show (even though effects are camera edited on his show). "Thats all I have to say about that".

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results