Most Memorable Performances

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Its all good. No offense taken. Not everyone will agree on the "right" way to perform, hell, Im always making adjustment to my performances based on feedback and audience's reactions/ interactions. Some effects work waaay better if they are done long, some, not so much. When it comes to streetmagic/ busking (my personal favorite form), I personally would advise people not to drag out effects, due to the fact that most people you stop on the street really only have a few minutes, if that, to spare. Of course I am not suggesting, "do the trick as quick as possible", rather, be aware of how much enfisis/ suspense your putting into a simple acr routine. (Too much would make the trick seem to drag on.) Now, when it comes to a stage show, where people generally pay to watch it, longer effects that build up the suspense ultimatly make the prestige alot more entertaining. But when it comes to the street, I (and my audiences [or so it seems]) would much rather have a trick but straight to the point, no bs, and damn entertaining (take Timeline 2.0, or Tricycle, for example.).

Agree 100%. Thats one of my favorite parts of performing (espically on the streets) because you get to meet so many different people, form different walks of life.

Actually, you make a good point re: street magic.

But the real purpose of this post is:

THANK THE LORD! I FOUND SOMEONE ON THESE FORUMS WHO IS NOT TOO PROUD TO CONSIDER A DIFFERENT VIEWPOINT!

And can phrase a sensible argument in a reply which doesn't resort to belittling the other person! Double plus!

Not to mention who can consider the idea that they don't know everything there is to know about magic.

Shout it from the rooftops.

Thanks for your reply mate. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results