Most RIDICULOUS magic convention moments EVER :)

Oct 13, 2008
Forgive me for this "truth or dare" style thread, but...

The question is, what is your absolute most CRAZY/RIDICULOUS/EMBARRASSING moment ever sustained in a magic convention? The type of event that you will remember for the rest of your life and laugh about it even years later. Got stabbed in the palm when doing the knife and cups trick? Had to breakdance out of boredom in the lobby? Witnessed some seriously strange choice of accessory or attire (one example I saw was a plush toy owl at Magifest :eek::D)? Saw someone pass out from having one too many? Post it here!!

I'm compiling ideas for a comedy webcomic in the making that starts out as a normal daytrip to the magic convention with friends only for it to go horribly awry in the most hilarious manner possible. Sure I'll exaggerate a few things; after all, this IS a satire of magicians by magicians.

So, bring it on! Got a description? Post it here! Caught something with your cell phone that might as well go to AFV? Post it here! Something so strange you cannot make this up? Well people, post it here!!! :D

I'd love to hear your responses :)

-Sean

By the way, if it is WAY too embarrassing (at least to yourself) to post up here, feel free to PM me. If it is seriously embarrassing to other people or way too hilarious to resist, well, at least change the names first.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Well, it wasn't AT the convention but I was in Vegas for IMX and before the convention started, I had a little (probably a lot) too much too drink and tried to perform with a friend of mine. Long story short, I dropped a coin, fell flat on my face when I was trying to pick it up, I finished the routine. Afterwards (we had a good crowd of about 8 people plus everyone on the strip that saw me eat it) I introduced my friend, Cody, to the crowd so he could perform for them and IMMEDIATELY spun a 180 and puked all in the bushes.

Absolutely hilarious I thought...until the next morning lol

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
That's really funny Rob. lol. Here's my crazy story if you could call it that. I was doing a signed card to back pocket. I had the spectator looking thru the deck for his card during this time. While he was doing that, I went to go load the card, but it popped out of my palm and went behind my leg. Everyone was still looking at the guy looking for his card. For a brief moment before I noticed that no one had seen the card pop out of my hand, I was shi**ing bricks. I was freaking out on the inside. Then I noticed no one saw anything. So I took one step backwards and stood on the card. The timing was brilliant: About that time, the guy looked up and said the card wasn't in there. So I got a huge grin on face, and lifted my foot off the ground. It was priceless. :)

Oct 13, 2008
That's really funny Rob. lol. Here's my crazy story if you could call it that. I was doing a signed card to back pocket. I had the spectator looking thru the deck for his card during this time. While he was doing that, I went to go load the card, but it popped out of my palm and went behind my leg. Everyone was still looking at the guy looking for his card. For a brief moment before I noticed that no one had seen the card pop out of my hand, I was shi**ing bricks. I was freaking out on the inside. Then I noticed no one saw anything. So I took one step backwards and stood on the card. The timing was brilliant: About that time, the guy looked up and said the card wasn't in there. So I got a huge grin on face, and lifted my foot off the ground. It was priceless. :)

WOW!!!! Now THAT'S a nice save!

That's one for the comic, man!

Oct 13, 2008
Well, it wasn't AT the convention but I was in Vegas for IMX and before the convention started, I had a little (probably a lot) too much too drink and tried to perform with a friend of mine. Long story short, I dropped a coin, fell flat on my face when I was trying to pick it up, I finished the routine. Afterwards (we had a good crowd of about 8 people plus everyone on the strip that saw me eat it) I introduced my friend, Cody, to the crowd so he could perform for them and IMMEDIATELY spun a 180 and puked all in the bushes.

Absolutely hilarious I thought...until the next morning lol

One too many... you made a wise choice to stop while you were too ****ed to perform (having Cody take your place instead).

Still, imagine that happening in the convention proper >_< (if I ever draw this part, it would probably be a background scene while two characters are talking in the foreground)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results