Muscle Pass Progress.

Mar 5, 2014
Recently I found out about the MP. Since then I have been practicing my butt off to master this sleight, I have bought many DVD's regarding the MP. It has now been 4 days since I started practicing (1-2 hours a day), and I can now get the coin more than 1 foot in the air, and 1 and a half sideways, I am really happy about this, although I have a pretty bruised palm (not too much). So what i want to know is... is this overkill? Have I practiced too much? Because I want to introduce this skill to a magician friends of mine, so those are my questions. Thank you for reading this.

baguette

Elite Member
Mar 28, 2013
About 1 year i started the muscle learning the muscle pass. You will bruise at first and it will hurt the palm of your hand quite a bit.

I practiced about 1 hour a day but only at a moment's notice. Don't sit down and go "lets learn it". Instead keep a coin palmed in your hand while doing your day to day business and perform the motion in the palm of your hand. It will build muscle and you will get stronger.

I also recommend that after a while you only practice once every two day. You will notice a stronger pop after your muscle has had time to rest.

All in all, after one year of practice i can get my coin to jump to a good 50cm.

The coins i used while practicing were: australian 20 cent, half dollar, 5 peso and a 50 new caledonian franc.

Choose what suits you best.

At first add a tiny flick to your musce pass. It will build up some momentum and your coin will go much higher.

If you haven't gotten the muscle pass DVD by Jay noblezada then do yourself a favour and pick it up. It is the best way to learn the muscle pass out there.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Recently I found out about the MP. Since then I have been practicing my butt off to master this sleight, I have bought many DVD's regarding the MP. It has now been 4 days since I started practicing (1-2 hours a day), and I can now get the coin more than 1 foot in the air, and 1 and a half sideways, I am really happy about this, although I have a pretty bruised palm (not too much). So what i want to know is... is this overkill? Have I practiced too much? Because I want to introduce this skill to a magician friends of mine, so those are my questions. Thank you for reading this.

You need to give your muscles time to relax and repair any damage after exercising them. Also, taking some time away from practice will allow your unconscious mind to process what you've just been learning and represent it for you in the most efficient way (what people call "muscle memory"). In effect, this will mean that you'll be better at it when you pick up a coin in a few day's time that you would be just hammering away at it now. You could start learning it in the other hand, though. That's a whole different set of muscles and neural pathways to exercise.

Mar 5, 2014
Thanks for the advice, I will try to give my muscle pass a rest. As for DVD's, I have The complete muscle pass by David Kong. People told me to stay away from Jay noblezadas DVD because he tells you to flick your wrist while you MP, and that ends up ruining the illusion. What are your thoughts?

Sep 2, 2007
London
Thanks for the advice, I will try to give my muscle pass a rest. As for DVD's, I have The complete muscle pass by David Kong. People told me to stay away from Jay noblezadas DVD because he tells you to flick your wrist while you MP, and that ends up ruining the illusion. What are your thoughts?

The "expert" way to muscle pass is to keep your hand perfectly still. Some people can shoot a coin over a metre vertically with the back of their hand in contact with a table the whole time. For most magic applications, this kind of distance isn't necessary, but it just goes to show that there really isn't any excuse for flicking your wrist. If you need to flick your wrist to get the required distance, then practice more!

Mar 5, 2014
I agree with you. By the way, is there any tricks/routines I can do with the muscle pass?
I already know about "the coin that falls up", "coin through glass door", using MP to ditch coins and other stuff that's similar. Are there any DVD's or downloads that can teach me more? Thanks in advance.

Sep 2, 2007
London
I agree with you. By the way, is there any tricks/routines I can do with the muscle pass?
I already know about "the coin that falls up", "coin through glass door", using MP to ditch coins and other stuff that's similar. Are there any DVD's or downloads that can teach me more? Thanks in advance.

Shoot Ogawa's 2 DVD set Master of the Muscle Pass has a lot of routines and ideas to get your own creativity going.

Sep 2, 2007
London
CalmUrPoin said:
Funny thing... I already own Shoot Ogawa's set. Anything else?

Shoot Ogawa's DVD is the only one I've found I've needed focussed on the muscle pass. After that, it was a question of building up my skill and trying to come up with my own applications

its really something that should be used as a display of skill.

Why do you think that?

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
Wow, only four days and you can shoot a coin a foot into the air! I spent 10 days trying to learn the muscle pass but gave up because I couldn't even get my coin to pop an inch into the air. Perhaps I'm just impatient, but I practiced it everywhere I went during that time span. Do you guys happen to have any tips on what I am likely doing wrong (I don't have any DVD's on it or anything, I just saw it inside the Daniel Garcia project for his coin through glass and tried to replicate it)?

Sep 2, 2007
London
Wow, only four days and you can shoot a coin a foot into the air! I spent 10 days trying to learn the muscle pass but gave up because I couldn't even get my coin to pop an inch into the air. Perhaps I'm just impatient, but I practiced it everywhere I went during that time span. Do you guys happen to have any tips on what I am likely doing wrong (I don't have any DVD's on it or anything, I just saw it inside the Daniel Garcia project for his coin through glass and tried to replicate it)?

My tip is, get the Shoot Ogawa DVD set. I don't think I would have been able to learn it from Daniel Garcia's description as (as far as I remember) he doesn't really go into much detail. I imagine there's one crucial little point you're missing which will make it all come together for you.

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
Yeah, he doesn't really explain it at all, but I tried to figure it out. I'm broke right now, so I don't expect I'll be able to get the DVD anytime soon, however.

Oct 14, 2013
That's awesome that you got such mileage with the MP in just 4 days! Sounds like you're a natural. I've been practicing on and off for about 5 months, and mine shoots up to 1 and a half feet at it's best. Keep it up bud! Also, did you just recently purchase David Kong's muscle pass DVD 4 days ago? If so, would you mind pointing me in the direction of where you bought it from? I've been trying to find a place that sells it, but everywhere I go, it's out of stock. Even on David's main site. :(

Mar 5, 2014
That's awesome that you got such mileage with the MP in just 4 days! Sounds like you're a natural. I've been practicing on and off for about 5 months, and mine shoots up to 1 and a half feet at it's best. Keep it up bud! Also, did you just recently purchase David Kong's muscle pass DVD 4 days ago? If so, would you mind pointing me in the direction of where you bought it from? I've been trying to find a place that sells it, but everywhere I go, it's out of stock. Even on David's main site. :(
Thanks for your compliments. David's DVD has been out of stock for a while now... The one that I watched was given to me by a friend. If you really want one, I think a website by the name of ali express sells it. I am not sure if the website is legally selling it with permission from David Kong... I think you should message David and see what he thinks before purchasing from them.

Oct 14, 2013
Thanks for your compliments. David's DVD has been out of stock for a while now... The one that I watched was given to me by a friend. If you really want one, I think a website by the name of ali express sells it. I am not sure if the website is legally selling it with permission from David Kong... I think you should message David and see what he thinks before purchasing from them.
Thanks! I'll look into that! :) Also, if you haven't already heard, there is this guy by the name of Brian Platt who has a DVD out called The Dance, which offers another neat way of utilizing your muscle pass.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results